1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

four wheller for plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by westernboy16, Dec 11, 2005.

1. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

any one plow with a four wheel on there lots or own use. just wondering how they are for plowing and if i should get one for hunting fishing and plowing

2. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

Atv

I currently have one and I love it. It works especially well for sideways. I have a 300 with a 4' plow. Mine has differential lock which is very nice. I have no problem with traction or anything. I can push some pretty big piles around. All of the new ones are pretty expensive, like up in the 6-10,000 dollar ones. Polaris has just announced that they are going to sell their military edition to the public. It has heavy duty racks, which i think can hold like 1,000 pounds. It also has dual fuel tanks, and offsets axles.

3. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I have a Honda Foreman 450 4x4 with a 60 inch Moose plow on it and it works great for sidewalks and driveways as long as you scrape the driveway before any cars drive over it and pack the snow down. Does pretty good with light snow up to about 4 inches, but once the snow gets really wet or more than 6 inches or so with the blade angeled it wants to push the front end of the quad over in the other direction. All in all I have made enough cash in 2 winters to pay for the quad and the plow.