1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

found this old ford by my house

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by randomb0b123, Oct 22, 2010.

1. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

would make a cool project/plow truck for someone unfortunately its a 250 not a 350 so it only has a 44 front, its been sitting since 1991 (pretty obvious) i wanted to puke when i saw the interior looks like its never been sat in, still has wrapping on the pedals. 1300 original miles and its basically been given its death sentence:cry:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's realy to bad that it never was used and never was taken care of.
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i believe somes 250's came with dana 60's up front back then. that hub looks too big to be a 44. see how it completely fills the diameter of the rim center hole? i know 44's from the 80's/90's would not completely fill the hole like that - only the 50's and 60's would. i'd crawl under there and take a better look.
  4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Amazing that people can buy something like that and just let it sit and not give a $h!t.:angry:
  5. randomb0b123

from america

idk maybe it is a 60? my 75 had those same huge hubs but it was only a 44, I know that for a fact because it made it kind of hard to sell. this is one of the ones that have the really stupid steering set ups its "power assisted" manual steering the box dosent have any lines going to it but theres almost like towmotor like steering things on the front that help push/pull when you turn. it was a really bad idea and from what ive heard from a friend that had a similar truck they didnt drive very well and alot of the front end parts are impossible to find? i dont know though mine had been converted to normal power steering/gearbox
  6. randomb0b123

from america

*cue guy on trumpet to start playing taps*
  7. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

is it for sale, if so were and wat they asking for it?
  8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

how much they asking for the thing nd were is it located?
  9. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

THis truck is not far from my house. its in mint condtion minus the paint being faded. I talked to the lady and she said her husband bought it and parked it there and then died and it hasnt been moved since. I think it sits back off the road just enough were the salt from the road wont hit it.
  10. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

my buddy plows with a ford just like that one...it has a flat bed and a 460 big block ......and meyer 7.5 plow....he striped it down 2 years ago ....with a new paint job...looks good...
  11. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

do you know what she is asking for it or if she even whats to sell it, i have been looking for a truck like this for a while.
  12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Would make a cool project that's for sure. I like old original sh!t like that.
  13. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

allll mechanical. none of that computer controlled sh!t :redbounce
  14. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

she is not intrested in selling it. Its a shame its just gonna sit there for years and years untill she passes away.
  15. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Get a phone number for her, I will head out there tomorrow and get it for my dad he had a 77 a few years ago that we fully restored, it was gorgeous...
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  16. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I was thinking it looked like a memorial of sorts, I thought maybe someones son or something. I would be just like her, not selling! Money will not replace the memory of her husband.
  17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah but wave some $$$ in her face and start talking about the grand kids and you'll have it.
  18. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

reminds me of a '69 Z-28 near me. been parked rotting under a tree since the early 70's. story is a kid bought it new in '69, went off to vietnam, and never came home. his mother who still owns the house turns everyone away. a sad story for her, him, and the car.
  19. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Man that would be a sweet project. I understand why she wouldn't want to sell it, but 1300 miles! Thats just cool.
  20. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

it is a shame how ever it make fantastic lawn art... lol bet u toss gas in the carb and new battery it woult fire up and try to pull itself out of the hole it is in