1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Found good, cheap bulk salt in Northern Va.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FreshGrounder1, Jan 29, 2014.

1. FreshGrounder1

FreshGrounder1 Junior Member

$100/ton Nice, fine white granules. In Prince William County. Place is called Commonwealth Recycled Aggregates. Drive by it all the time, never knew they sold salt. No more 150+/ton!

2. crawla

crawla Member

Don't let the secret out.

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

How much shipped to Ontario though? :D

4. FreshGrounder1

lol, yea, that crossed my mind. Dont know about shipping international, I figured that was a joke anyway. What do you guys pay average up there in Canada?

5. derekbroerse

We started at $108/yard but are up to $125/yard, if we can get it.

6. FreshGrounder1

Damn, figured you all got it cheaper than us down here! Guess everyones running out. Honestly Baltimore MD has it for about $75/ton if u get 25 or more, but that was 2 months ago.

7. derekbroerse

As a general rule of thumb, EVERYTHING is cheaper in the US than in Canada.

8. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

Try Virginia Outdoor Power, they have good sand and salt in bulk AND bagged. I haven't purchased any but I use them for lawn care supplies and I would trust them for ice control.

Has anyone used them for ice control? Also where can I get some good ice melt for concrete in NOVA?

Thanks
    :usflag:

9. FreshGrounder1

guarantee they're out of bagged. How many bags u need? I have cal/mag mix for $16/bag(50lbs). cant sell more than a pallet though. On verge of a shortage...

10. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

Where did you get it? The cal/mag mix?

11. FreshGrounder1

Lowes in Woodbridge before they sold out.(not the best product, but needed something) Running low again after this morning and a possible nor'easter this weekend

12. KTLawnCo

KTLawnCo Member
    from VA

Anyone have an extra pallet of rock salt? In nova

13. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

NS rental in Maryland has material

14. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

The one in Germantown? I work 2 miles from there. Didn't even know they sold salt.

15. melt all

melt all Member

We have an shipment of salt due to arrive next Thursday/Friday. Due to the high demand nationwide and in order to prevent the state from seizing it upon arrival we are pre-selling the salt. From what we can see on the market this is the only salt due to arrive in the U.S. in time to be useful.
    Funds must be transferred and cleared for tonnage requested no later than Tuesday Feb. 12th We were forced to pay for special loading terms and reconfigure the loading ports schedule to accommodate our vessel, we paid a premium for the vessel due to short notice and a premium for the salt.

Therefore the price of salt is $140.00/ton FOB & pre-payment. Our pile is located at the Port of Wilmington in Delaware in zip code 19801…….about 30 miles south of Philadelphia, PA. http://portofwilmington.com/ We only have 35,000/tons, we are getting requests from Canada and all over the U.S.
    We expect our tonnage to be depleted quickly, supply is limited and on a first come first serve basis.

We apologize for the high cost however in order to get the salt here within required time we had to secure positions so our vessel will arrive 2 weeks before all other salt shipments are due to arrive.

We have calcium and magnesium chloride pellets in super sacks $850.00/each sack contains approximately 2200lbs.
    Our solution to the high price bags....We have 1/ton super sacks of bulk salt with YPS (ANTI-CAKING AGENT) for $250.00/each. Since we are bagging undried salt the YPS is to try an prevent caking of the salt, should be ok if used within a 2week period.
    FOB Marcus Hook, PA 19061

Thank you for your understanding
    Joe Kelly
    610-497-9390
    calls only please

16. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

Recycled aggregates is back up to $150 a ton but their hardwood mulch price is the best I've seen anywhere.

17. KTLawnCo

KTLawnCo Member
    from VA

What's their per yard price on double shredded hardwood?

18. crawla

crawla Member

Remmington Mulch in Gainesville has better mulch and about the same price or Hazel in Chantilly which is the cheapest @12.00/ yard

19. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Wow - sometimes things are cheaper in Canada.... those are crazy numbers, and so far, no rumours of a shortage here.

20. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns Member
    from VA

The price per yard $18 I think