1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Found an 89 F250 w/Fisher

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by IMAGE, Oct 23, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Hey guys,
    Found what I think will be a good back up truck today. Might even sub it out some.

It's an 89 F250 with the FI 5.7, auto, 4x4 long box reg cab. The plow is a heavy duty 8' Fisher with the pump on the motor and a 4 direction 'joystick' looking control mounted under the dash. I know very little about this truck or plow setup, I'm much more of a chevy guy :)

But it did start right up instantly, even though its sitting out back at a salvage yard(in the 'good' vehicle section, not the ones that get smashed section lol), it hadnt been started in a month or so, and started instantly and seem to run good.

It needs exhaust, tires, and fluids changed. The front end is sagged out pretty good also, so probally gonna put new leaf springs on, or at least an overload spring.

Is there any known problems with either the 89 f250's or the fisher plows that I should look at before buying, or anything that I need to keep my eye one when using it?

Oh by the way, guy is asking $1200, gonna get it for $1k I am sure.
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

How rust on cab? Did you check driver's floor for rust?

You mean 5.8L? 351W

How many miles and did you know it been maintain good?

Did you test drive it?

I say it worth buy if it not very rusty.
  3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Not very rusty at all. Body looked good. Floor felt solid. It must be the 5.8L I heard 351 and figured thats 5.7L because a chev 350 is 5.7L.

No idea about maintence, salvage yard doesnt know much about it just that they drove it around the yard. Couldn't test drive because its too muddy to get it out right now. oh and the 5 didget odo read 3xxxx miles, so probally 130k miles. Pretty sure I am gonna get it. I can sell the contractors steel topper off it for a couple hundred easy (its one of the nice ones with side doors on it that open into a storage box. Just remembered I have a set of new winter tires that will fit it also. So i shouldnt end up with to much $$ into it.
  4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I am sure it have 130,000 miles.

If you feel solid on floor but you don't know if it been patch with metal. Pull carpet look it.

My free 89 F150 I check it have patch steel on it with rivet to cab.

I say it sound worth to buy it. But check coolant and transmission fluid for color.
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Ok will do. Thanks Milwaukee
  6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

for a G why notxysport