1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Found a used Western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by norrod, Nov 19, 2004.

1. norrod

norrod Senior Member

I have been wanting to put a 7'6" on my RAM1500 as a light cleanup unit. I have a 9" western on my 1 ton.

Could not find a decent used unit around my area. SO my father in-law calls me and tells me he found one about 120 miles away. Called them. They tell me it's a Western 7'6" Pro with Uni-mount. All hardware to fit a 94-2000 ram 1500. So I went and looked at it last night. It was in very good shape, used one season, although it looks like the last run was to push DIRT !

Anyway, it had the Ultra-mount but I didn't tell them, and gave em $2,200 on the spot and said load on my truck.

The frame mount they gave me was not for my truck, so I ordered one today.

Do you think it's a good deal?

Glad I have a chain hoist to unload it.

More Pictures ...

Think Snow !
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

$2200 and not the correct mount, maybe not so good though it does not look like it has had much use paint wise. What the mount going to cost you? (I that that back on not much use as I see a lot of wear on cutting edge too)
  3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Thats the plow I have on 2 of 3 trucks you will love it on and off in minutes.
  4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Looked at the additional pictures you had, the full size ones, I noticed it one the moldboard has a uni mount sticker on it, and the mount is an ultra.... I wonder if that is not the original moldboard headgear???