1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

found a new plow FWD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by john mc, Jan 9, 2009.

1. john mc

john mc Member

i picked up a sweet hi-way plower angle plow . ty all you guys that helped me looking for one:waving:

IMGA0968.JPG

IMGA0967.JPG

IMGA0969.JPG

2. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

nice truck i bet that thing wont have any trouble moving some snow. what are you going to use that truck on commercials?

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hey

So where did you find it?

It's a nice plow, I hope you got a sweet deal on it!

Jay

4. john mc

john mc Member

I plow and spread salt for mass hiway
    e.w. sleepers had the plow. I get a good deal for a poly blade it was 2k cheeper that hp fairfeilds poly blade

5. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

nice im sure it will be a great truck

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

that thing looks great! where in mass do u plow?

7. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

now that what i need for my f-250 lol

8. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Very nice truck.

9. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like...

Looks like a nice Mass Highway(All purpose) blade...H.P has gone way down hill recently....

10. john mc

john mc Member

I put a deposit on the plow on the web site when i got there the paper work was for a 12 ft for more money and the whole blade tripped .I didnt want that that was not what i put a deposit on . the sales men tried to pull a fast one . I tried to get prices from him he prices a poly blade for 8,200 new so i left .
    next morning i called them to try to buy a 11 ft butterfly NEW . I have just had enough I need a good plow . The sales men never returned my call . So i called E.W. sleepers they were great and saved 2,000 . the hi-way is built better and cost 6,200 new it has 3 1/2 chrome piston rods well built.

11. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i just noticed in your pics that plow has a stand on it same as a fisher MM would

that is a great idea....i,m gonna have to tell the mechanic at work about that, it would sure make life easier putting plows on, not having to use the floor jacks

12. Oshkosh

Not to highjack...

Hey,
    Along the ideas of holding the plow up when taking off and putting on,Our trucks all have a Trailer crank style lift that we slide on and pin when we want it.We also have a mount on the wall next to the truck where it stays when not in use.Makes it really nice as the adjustments are infinent...
    ...... On the topic of H.P Fairfields when I was with the town we bought our gear and parts exclusively threw them...I mean over $8,000++ in edges a year plus spreader parts,wing arms etc,Several trucks up-fitted etc...One day one of the guys came back with an invoice in his hand and we noticed that they had charged us $580 for a 24" sander disc...WTF! Flat steal with angle iron fins and a hub,The hub was $80-....We called and asked what was up with that and after being on hold for about a minute they dropped the price to $380- How many other things where we gouged on before we noticed?..The town no longer does business with them....I have many more examples of why we stopped doing business with them and Why I think Tenco is putting a big hurt on them and will for the foreseeable future...

13. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

that is probably a better option, the trailer jack

we have a crane we use but that only covers 4 bays of the garage, the rest of the guys need to use floor jacks..

14. Oshkosh

I'll try to remember....

I'll try and get by the shed and snap a couple of photos.A very easy up-fit ...Either way it looks like I'll be there either tonight or 4am in the morning.lol The skiers must get to the slopes you know....
    We had one of those pin on legs on a town truck and it worked ok but it was limited.
    I didnt know Hi-Way had its own line of plow blades.Looks pretty nice...
    A couple of guys out of the Pine St camp/pit used Sleeper and had good things to say about them.

15. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

oh man, that looks awesome. Id love to own a FWD or Oshkosh one day

Awesome truck!

16. john mc

john mc Member

I like the trailer jack much better but it came with the leg . I don't take it off much . it stays on all year .I think i am done with hp fairfeilds . I do like there price on cutting edges 220.00 for 8 inch 11 foot .

17. Oshkosh

They do/did have good prices

I have to agree on the edges,when I was buying edges in bulk from Atlantic Broom and reselling, Fairfields would have their edge special, they where selling over the counter for the same price I was paying in bulk.Needless to say I couldn't compete...

18. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That truck looks like a beast! Best of luck with it.

19. fire&ice

fire&ice Junior Member

Nice blade. The Hi way is actually a Wausau blade retagged. My buddy has two that he picked up at maddigans. He plows for the state too.