1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

found a little surprise after i put the plow on...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by serafii, Dec 6, 2009.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

were expecting some snow tomorrow or tuesday so i figured id put the plow on the truck. after i pinned the plow i was just playing with the hydraulics to make sure all is fine, and found a crack in the plow frame where the a-frame mounts too.

IMG00187.jpg

IMG00188.jpg

IMG00189.jpg

2. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

oh just throw a heavy bead on it and you will be fine

3. serafii

serafii Senior Member

yah i know, ive done it b4 but todays sunday and all the shops are closed and my welding machine isnt working properly. for some reason, my plows never crack anywhere else but there, all the time

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Guess you will be up early tomorrow getting her fixed

5. serafii

serafii Senior Member

yup dont have a choice, i already called my buddy to see if he had any room in his shop for me.

6. D DeSantis

D DeSantis Member

That sucks with 5cm on monday and 20 posted for wed!! i was enjoying a bit of time off!

7. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Yah the 20cm for wednesday doesn't bother me much cuz I'm getting restless at home not doing anything really productive but tomorrows 5cm isn't really necessary. I hate going out foor a few cms of snowm the way I look at it is go big or go home!
    D desantis what part of montreal are u from?

8. D DeSantis

D DeSantis Member

I live in cote st luc and have a small route here and in montreal-west

9. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

hope it snows the 20cm,and doesn't come down in rain

10. D DeSantis

D DeSantis Member

I charge by the month so less snow the better.....but my clients haven't seen me in awhile so a snow fall to show I'm still alive will be good.

11. Rehost

Rehost Junior Member

I wonder if you could also weld a steel block underneath it? Maybe not a good idea, because if it is always cracking there, and it stops, that means it's going to crack somewhere else. Do you slam into the snow at full angles?

12. serafii

serafii Senior Member

D desantis I also charge by month but there is a surcharge after 230cms but like u said my clients haven't seen me since november 18th lol so showing my face wouldn't be a bad thing

Rehost I don't usually slam it when its angled purposely but it happens sometimes. I welded a quarter inch plate underneath my other plow in the same spot n I haven't had problems so I guess I'm gonna do the same on this one n hope it works just as good

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Man thats a bummer, good luck this season.

14. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Thanks kl&m snow div good luck to u and ur crew

15. D DeSantis

D DeSantis Member

Good idea on the surcharge I got screwed a bit the winter before last. How is the market in Westmount someone told me the prices were going down, its not that great in my area either.

16. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Yah its the second year now that were enforcing the surcharge but there's a lot of ppl who are not happy with it. The market didn't realy go down, the prices are the same but the generatiion of ppl that live there are getting cheaper and want way too much for wat we charge