1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Forward lighting

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wls, Oct 10, 2009.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

On a headach rack, anyone putting some lights that face forward, to aid in seeing ahead? If so what kind are you using, simple utility lights? Thanks
  2. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

they help but if it is snowing sometimes they hinder you ability to see, all you see is the snow reflecting the light back at you.

i sometimes when it is not snowing use mine but mine are my take downs from my mx-7000 lightbar

so in other words not snowing work great

snowing try it and see how well they are or are not going to work......

3. wls

wls Senior Member

I figured I would get some reflecting back, Wonder how the utility lights would do, think there 55 watt. I may put a set on, the rectangle ones, thats what I have lighting the back up with, on the headache.
  4. speedy

speedy Senior Member

Driving at night in a snowstorm sucks. If the reflection back from the snow gets too bad, I'll sometimes find a couple pieces of cardboard and open the hood of my truck and stick it in above the headlights to act as 'eyebrows' to keep the lights from shining up, that sure helps cut a lot of the the reflection I also have a brush guard on the front to the truck that helps to hold the cardboard in place.

I think that the new generation of HID headlights would be a big plus too, they seem to have a definite cutoff line.

I don't think that lights shining out from above the cab would be desirable if there was any amount of snow in the air.
  5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I've been playing with the idea but I just can't see the purpose. My headlights always light up plenty.
  6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I put snowplow lights up top on a past f-250. If you do it right it looks pretty good with the turn signals and all.