1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Forum software upgrade

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by plsoucy, Sep 13, 2008.

1. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

I just finished upgrading the software that powers PlowSite, vBulletin, from version 3.6.8 to 3.7.3.

This version brings several new features, including better spam management/prevention, the option to tag posts, and the option to add other users as "friends".

If you have questions about this upgrade or notice any feature that stopped working, please post here.

Thanks!

Pierre-Luc

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

thanks Pierre-Luc :waving: we appreciate it

3. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

thats why it wasent working early today........... nice

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

uh...yeah one Q' comes to mind.......WHO ARE YOU? and can i upgrade the Plowsite.com server hardware bla bla bla bla back to good ol'e Plowsite? with 125 anoying banner's that make the page take 5 minutes to load up?

i'm not aggresive i am just curious

PJ

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

He kind of looks like what i pictured Charles to look like.......:D
    (pic in profile)

6. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

That picture in my profile is old. :)

I started working on LawnSite.com 8 years ago (July 2000 if I recall correctly), at the time the forum didn't even have 2,000 members, and PlowSite did not exist. I handled most of the technical work on LawnSite and PlowSite (after its launch) for several years - which includes server management, forum upgrades, and the like.

I was more active on LawnSite and PlowSite in the past, but now that the sites are owned by Moose River and have staff that can take care of daily operations, I'm not as involved with the sites. I still take care of server management and forum software upgrades, like the one I did today, but I'm not on the sites often.

Hope this helps! :)

Pierre-Luc

7. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

so youre the one we should lynch for the server busy thing :gunsfiring: j/k

thanks for clearing that up......i have just not seen you around before....BTW: can you give me Charles's password i want to ban Snofarmer lol lol

PJ

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So if there's spam prevention, do we still have to wait an hour and a half between PM's?

PJ, try sit, Ubu, sit for SF's password. :D

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Its " sit ubu, sit,, good boy"
    Sh1t realmad: now i have to change it.....;)