1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Formula for contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Theshoemaker, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Hello all, i have seen a basic equation that i have seen and have experimented with and it follows as:
    price per push x magical number of pushes = seasonal price to plow property

Ok, so i was thinking, how many inches are you qouting the per-push??? I know it will take less time to plow 2 inch event as opposed to a 6 inch storm. So, if you bid the per push at 2" x the magical number you would get a price, but what if most of your pushes are 4-6 inches??? That would take more time therefore you are going to lose money because you bid the job at say 4 hrs at 2" rather than the 6" that has been occuring.

Basically i'm asking how to get around this situation. Do i bid it at 4" or 2" or what as my
    base per push.

Also is there a better formula that somebody might be able to share with me:dizzy:???
  2. Mike_13

Mike_13 Member

I would base it off of what is stated in your contract as your trigger depth. If your trigger is 2", then use that. Maybe other with more experiecne can chime in and give you a better answer.