1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Forms For Bids?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DeereFarmer, Sep 18, 2008.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

:help:I'm looking to place a bid in for a few local stores here that I pretty much have an in on (I know the owner), but I need to make a formal bid. How does you guys set up your bids as far as a paper that you fax into someone. I don't even know how to go about this. Do I just write $XXXX on a piece of paper and fax it in? lol.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Can't you mail it or just stop in and drop off your bid? If you fax a standard size sheet of paper will go through a fax machine.
  3. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

i went to staples or office max or something and got a pretty simple "job proposal" form and it has done the trick for me
  4. DeereFarmer

Cool. I'll have to go somewhere like that and see what I can come up with.
  5. ManorD24

ManorD24 Member

Do a search on here. Some guys have posted copys of their contracts. I did the search and took some ideas from the different posts to help my contracts.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

7. DeereFarmer

Thanks guys.
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks guys,that's it? No this is what I did with all your help.:realmad:
  9. DeereFarmer

Sorry sorry sorry. I was short on time. My girl wanted me to go watch a movie, but I got bored so now I'm back lol. What I did was put a nice cover letter together with a small plowing logo with my name, company name, phone number etc... On the inside I layed out what the customer would ge tfor the different price ranges and the trigger options etc... I offered snow plowing and removal. Prices were varried based on how much snow. I had the pages laminated and bound. Turned out pretty nice. I made up about 10 of them. I'm pretty sure I have the one bid that I really wanted. Now I have to work to get a couple more drives for this season. i'll be using this little booklet to show residential customers too. Once again, thanks for the help guys lol.
  10. lumps

lumps Senior Member

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i was just about to order it myself and am wondering the same thing.

where in buffalo are you from lumps???