1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fork Lift Mount Bucket Dumper

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Allagash, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

The snow around my mini storage facility has been piling up this year to the point where it's getting hard to drive around the buildings. I push it as high as I can but we've had so much that that the piles getting tall and wide. If we get one or two more big storms I'm going to have to hire a machine to come down open it up some and stack or move the snow. I have a couple of fork lifts on site for my storage container business so for the heck of it, I Google'd "fork lift dump bucket" and found this:http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/material-handling/forklifts-attachments/self-dumping-hoppers/forklift-front-end-loader-dumper

This looks like it would solve my problem. I've got a 8000lb CAT and a 20,000lb Hyster both with off road style tires and 8' long forks.

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Probably work, pretty cold though. Call a guy with a loader, you'd be suprised what a hour will get you - call a honest guy and get a real hour.

3. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks pretty slick. It would be a one time expense, unlike hiring someone to come in with a loader when needed. The only thing that would concern me (which would also be an issue with a loader) is that in one picture, it looks like you are driving into the pile and pushing against the side wall of your building to load. I would caution you against doing that as you are label to push a mound through the side of your building and end up with a damaged wall. I would push parallel with the building and push against the snow and continue to do that until you had your hopper full. I wouldn't use the building as a backstop to push against.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen a lot of fork lifts stuck in not a lot of snow but its your call. Whats that attachment cost?

5. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

About $1250.00

6. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

My Hyster has a heated enclosed cab so it wouldn't be that bad.

7. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Derek,

That's a good point about not pushing into the building. Those pictures, however were from the website selling the unit. That's not me. I just wanted to show you guys what the unit looked like. On my property, I'd be pushing against concrete mafia stones stacked to form a retaining wall. I'd never get so close as to hit the concrete so as to damage the wall.

8. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

My Hyster has dual front tires that are the size of tractor trailer tires and weighs 24,000 lbs. I'll only be driving on ground that's been plowed down to bare pavement. Only the bucket scoop will go into raw snow.