1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chcav1218, Feb 23, 2009.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I just lost a customer whose house is being forelosed. How many have you guys are losing customers in this way?
  2. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

That sucks, hope they are up to date on their payments
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

none here, very few forclosures in this area....sorry about your loss,and their loss, maybe you can get the new owners
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh they owe me one payment, but theyv never not payed before so i assume ill get it eventually. Ill definitly drop a flyer in the mail box if someone new moves in
  5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone else see the problem in this? They are being Foreclosed on. That means they are behind over 6 months of mortage payments. Yet instead of cutting back and trying to make ends meet. They have there driveway plowed. God forbid you dont keep up with the Jones even when you are losing your house
  6. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare Member
    from mi

And I bet they had cable, cell phones, and ate out 3-5 times a week too...you know the things that you cant live without!!!
  7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I hear yah man, I had no idea what was going on and I thought the same thing when I found out
  8. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

What's wrong with you guys. Forget the banker, pay the plow guy first.
  9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

amen to that,,,,,its the banks fault were in this mess to begin with
  10. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I thought the same way a year or 2 ago. The last two winters I have noticed alot more driveways not being plowed (all season) out in rural areas when I'm out snowmobiling. I would probably have never noticed otherwise. These homes seem to range all over in size, age, value, etc.

Jay Brown, I hope for your sake your area stays strong. Even our area, which is real conservative IMO, is letting the national "doom & gloom" get to them.
  11. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

It will probaly be the bank that owns it...
  12. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Its partly the Banks Fault. Trust me they are not the only ones to blame. Its mostly a 50/50 deal. Democrats and Republicans are both have the same fault level here
  13. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

I have had the opportunity to plow some of the foreclosed properties for the banks and realtors selling for the banks. Sucks for the people losing their houses, but it is another mixed blessing. The driveways have to be kept clear for showings, however infrequent, and deliveries.
  14. procut

procut Senior Member

Hate to sound like an a$$ here, but if you can't make your mortgage payments, I think maybe its time to grab a shovel instead of calling the snow plow guy.

Chances are, they kept, cable tv, internet, snow removal, ect. and ran up as big of a bill with of them as they could, then figured once the house was gone, they would split, never to be heard from again.
  15. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Lost several long-time customers this year. One had owed money from last winter and had sent about half of what he owed, then just quit sending anything. House hasn't been plowed all winter, no footprints to the house and front screen door is missing. I'm guessing foreclosure.
  16. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we will stay strong here, i'm not giving in to that doom and gloom crap from Obama.....i had one of my best years last year and this year is looking to be good also....everything is fine in 2009 is my moto.....BTW foreclosures have been happening every year for many years....Please everyone stop watching the news and lets stop being so negative......also jomama i'm not really directing this to you i'm just really posting to all.....god bless
  17. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Foreclosures do happen all the time, but it dosen't take the news to make people think they are happening more these days. As said before just ride around and look at the the unplowed drives. We had an average of five to eight foreclosures a year before the economic downturn. Last year we had eighteen in town and this year so far we have had fourteen. End of Feb. and we are four shy of last years total. Population in my town is approx nine hundred. I drive by at least eight houses on my plow route that are recently empty.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

living beyond your means, why would you want that stress. i like waking up and if you dont feel like workin take it off lol.
  19. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

The realator told me that I could afford a much bigger house. I said no I can't and still be able to do anything other than pay bills. If I would have listened to them, I might have been out in the street.
  20. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I work with a company here and do their drives/walks during the winter and lawn mowing during the summer. They are some of myfavorite jobs. I can do them whenever I have time, no hurry when it snows. I give them a little price break for this.