1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Forecasted Salt Prices in SE Michigan

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mean4x4, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

Talked to supplier today, he said if winter continues like this through November... Don't be surprised to see 200/Ton. IF it is even readily available. Anyone else heard anything like this? Just passing on what I heard.. Not sure if there's any backing to this statement.
  2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I thought you went to all Liquid?
  3. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Heard it could go up to 150 per ton, and that small landscape supply places that have a contract for 1000 ton might be lucky to see 500 if things stay cold and snowy.
    Word this past fall was buy big, buy early payup
  4. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

I still have 2 salt trucks ready to go in case of an ice storm or a bad re-freeze. Every year we get 700+ tons delivered throughout the season. This is the first year we haven't. SO far we have not used rock salt once. Hope it continues this way, however, I anticipate at some point this season, the conditions might warrant rock salt. Who knows, we'll see.