1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Forecast For Indy?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Rangerman, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Anybody eles watch channel 13 in indy. I watched ol chris wright again tonight he is forcasting snow this guy loves the crap and always over does it. Tonight he is saying 1-3 by tomorrow night if im following correctly. Just watch ill get all hooked up ready to go amigos called and well get a dusting at best. Anybody else thinking the samething.:gunsfiring:

2. Indy-South

Indy-South Junior Member

Looks like the fun stuff is tomorrow (Tues) afternoon into the overnight. I'm a betting man and I won't bet on anything plowable here in Indy, only salting. Could get dicey real quick though. Let's hope for the best!

3. atlanta55

atlanta55 Junior Member
    from indy

well so far the indy weather people are wrong again...1-3..yea right!!!!:yow!:

4. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

They blew it again. I just got home from a salt run we r done.

5. House Mouse

House Mouse Junior Member

Yep, heading out for my last salt run right now. Gotta love ol' Chris Wright!

6. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Boss just called he wants to go back out as soon as it stops this frezzing mist. I want some real snow u cant make any money this way.

7. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

I'm southeast of Indy @ 50 miles. We didnt have ANY snow but we did have a little freezing drizzle/rain early evening. Got real slick, real fast. But it seems to be warming up a little. Went out and salted. Thats better than nothing I guess. Cant wait to try my new MVP out though!! Guess its time to start doin the snow dance!

8. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Ud better dance indoors everything is a skating rink here.

9. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Here we go again.

10. House Mouse

Looks like we are going to miss out again. Rain coming in and wash it all away.

11. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Well i didnt miss out I sat in traffic for 3.25 Hours today on the way back from a leaf job. I got stuck on I-465 by meridian on the northside. Luckly 2 of the other trucks made it back in to salt. What a wash as far as profit today.

12. House Mouse

I understand totally. Took me 2 hours to go from 465 and Washington East side to Brownsburg. Got all my salting done and then sat in traffic jamb for 1 hour to get back home. Saw plenty of accidents. Washington street was one right after another. Crazy day.

13. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I'm sick of ice....need snow.

14. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Snicker:":": Chuckle>":">?> BIG Grin[][][][] :)

I love snow and ICE !!!!!! B-cuz I make a Sh ; T load of payup when either one happens !

Sorry guys and gals,,,,, just had to "gloat" for a second.

Happy Holidays.

15. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

I'm with ya kipcom. I've had 2 events of just salting (only out 3 hrs) and make a good chunk of change.

James

16. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Salting has been good money, but at some point we need snow! Folks eventually say hey I paid x dollars and it hasn't snowed yet.....I don't know I just want some snow! I'm glad to be in the salting game, now that is for sure!

17. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

I sure like to salt good money and less wear and tear on equipment