1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fords extending warr. on 6.0???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Got Diesel?, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Got Diesel?

Got Diesel? Junior Member

Heard from sales manager at local dealer that Ford plans to extend warr. on all diesel trucks still under factory 5/100,000 warr

Told me that Ford is planning (late this year) to anounce that they will extend it to 7yrs/200k on the 6.0ltr !!!!

Has anyone heard this??

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

jeuse that going be best warrenty going . i havn't heard anything yet

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

While I hope this is true as I have 3 of them, seeing it came from a sales manager, I'll believe it when I see it in writing--in stone--like the 10 Commandments.

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That's amazing. I hope that happens because it would help a lot of guys out.

5. Mark Oomkes

Haven't seen anything at FTE about it. And as tough as they are about warranty items on non-modded 6.0's already, and the $500 billion Ford had in warranty work last year, I still highly doubt it.

But I'll keep my fingers crossed anyways.

6. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

500 million you mean..

7. Mark Oomkes

Right, thanks for the correction. pumpkin:

8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Dam, I havnt heard anything like that, but that would be great. Than I would be keeping my 6.0L longer. Keep us posted. Thanks for the heads up anyway

9. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Yea I don't see that happening either. It would be nice though. 7.3 forever! (well till a 5.9 CTD finds it's way in it's place)

10. Got Diesel?

Got Diesel? Junior Member

Well its official just got the e-mail the other day sounds like it has a $1500.00 buy in though.

Even so its super cheap when you consider one injector is $250.00+ install (I had eight done to mine with a new turbo and head gaskets, I think its called a tune up for the 6 liters!!!)

http://www.dieselwarranty.com/

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a no brainer. At least it will give you some pieceof mind.

12. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

is that 7yr 200k warranty in addition to the miles that are already on your truck?

13. Mark Oomkes

Is this just available through that dealer? Or any dealer? Let us know if you could. $1500 bucks is cheap for another 100K miles, all of my warranty repairs for the engine work have been at least a grand each time.

14. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

Is this really from Ford? It seems to suggest so on the website. The site is registered through a proxy at godaddy.com - so I doubt its really Ford offering this. I called for customer service and they have not heard of this. I did a search on google news and no mention of it...hmmm...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  15. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, whats the deal. I have 77K on mine and was going to trade it before 100K but if I can get that deal, the $1500 is well worth it and I will keep it!payup

16. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

REPLY FROM FORD TO ME:

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the website. Please note that this resource is not maintained or monitored by Ford Motor Company. Ford Motor Company makes no guarantees and assumes no responsibility for information, services, or materials provided to you through this channel. If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you. Sincerely, Amilyn Customer Relationship Center Ford Motor Company

17. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Two words: Damn it

18. GCURRIN

GCURRIN Junior Member
    from 97403

My Ford dealer is offering this warranty after replacing my turbo. cost is $2200. Where can I get it for $1500. If it is like any extended warranty there is a lot of mark up for the dealer. Ford should be offering the Warranty to us with no mark up.

19. GCURRIN

GCURRIN Junior Member
    from 97403

Check with your dealer it is available starting Sept. 1st 2007. Cost is about $2000

20. Mark Oomkes

Mike, are you saying if you have over 12K miles and a plow there is the surcharge?

And this covers any warranty work by any Ford dealer? Any deductible?