1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford's are better my A**

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by GMC99, May 4, 2003.

1. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

I just bought a 2500 Series ram about a month ago, And one of my friends has been giving me alot of xxxx about buying a Dodge. He drives a 2001 ford 250, So finally I had enough and we "hooked em up" and had a tug of war contest across a parking lot, and I dragged him all the way across, without even trying! Needless to say he finally shut up! Just a little owner pride story!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2003
  2. snowflake

snowflake Member

coooooll just love that dodge power glad you shut up that proud ford owner

here one for you.
    :drinkup: :drinkup: :

need one for me too:drinkup:

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

GMC99,funny you mentioned that. I did the same thing to a chest thumping duramax owning buddy last yr.His then new duramax vs my Ram,which had very low tread on the tires. He had a toolbox ,so id say the weight was equal.he had also changed the tires to 285/75r16,same as mine.We hooked on blacktop in 4lo.I quickly drug him backwards to the point where my truck was going on to gravel,I still pulled him until all 4 of my tires were in gravel,at that point we werent moving. I let him pull me back onto the blacktop and i let him get me going a few mph backwards then pulled him backwards again. It wasnt even close. We both made sure we had 26" ball height,so i want pulling him up,or vise versa.We had a ball doing it,smoke was everywhere from his tires! About 2 months later I hooked to an 01 PSD f250 supercab.I pulled him too,but it was harder than the Chevy.I love hooking my truck ,and letting her rip. For fun we hooked my old s10 4x4 to my 3500 2wd dump truck:D .They were dead heat,the s10 slightly pulled the 3500 2wd,but as soon as it did,I just hit the brakes on the 3500,and the s10 wasnt pulling it no where after that. We also hooked my 84 S104x4 to a then new 98 tacoma v6,the s10 won,hands down.We hooked our steiner 420 4x4 to my bro's 79 Mustang on blacktop ,the steiner won:D .We hooked an electric golf cart to a yamaha 350 warrior,the Cart won easily,LOL.

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I just never saw the point of doing this. Sooner or later even the winning truck is going to break something in the drivetrain. Why put all that money into a nice powerful ride and tear it apart in a smokey parking lot? Drag racing I can understand but you won't ever see me hook to another truck unless one of them is stuck.

Which reminds me. Pulled the Ford dump (yes Fords do get stuck) out of the mud the other day with my teeny little Toyota. LOL.

5. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

This is the first time I have ever done it, I just wanted to prove my point to the Ford boy.

6. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

John,
    You pulled the D-max, but how much do oyu have invested over sticker price into your motor and tranny and what did he have on his truck? I know your truck is sick so was it fair? I'd like to see the results if he jacked his motor and drivetrain up as you have.
    Eric

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I think the Cummins would still outpull it. It is a far superior to the P-stroke or D-max. Too bad it is in the Dodge and not a Ford.

8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Eric, my truck was stock then.It doesnt make a bit of difference,.the mods do nothing for power on blacktop hooked chain to chain. If speed is involved ,or wheelspeed is needed,like in a sled pull.then yes the power helps. At our local sled pull last year bone stock 215hp Cummins /auto dodges were outpulling 300hp duramax/allisons that had Edge juice boxes (390hp)all night.I dont know how to explain it or why,but Dodges seem to put the power to the ground the best IMO. I notice the same thing plowing,the Dodge wil push further and spin less than my GMC',even though it has a plow over a foot wider.The gMCs have powertrax locker too.My truck pulled over 50 ft on all the duramaxes with marginal tires. The first gen Dodge /Cummmins 89-93 do terrible at the sled pulls,i think its a conbination of low power(compared to the new ones) and suspension. The 94+ Dodges win 75% of the pulls I go to.PSD's win the rest.

9. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

John I didnt realize this is when you were stock I just assumed you did it when you had all your equipment on.
    :gunsfiring: DODGE
    Just kidding guys. We know Cummins is the only real diesel...now if only they would put it in a real truck :cool:
    Eric

10. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Sounds like you guys had fun. I have done this plenty of times as well.
    Weight is key to winning, but one thing I have learned is the guy who spins the tires 1st loses. Once you break traction it's all over. A sure way to win is hold the brake until the other truck starts spinning then pedal to the metal.

11. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I save my truck for snow plowing. People pay you to do that!

12. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

It sounds like you got a nice truck. Dodges are very strong trucks. I think dodge has been able to maintain a good lookin truck. you really got yourself a great truck. Good luck with it.;)