1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fordistough ....lol

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by rawfish, Nov 19, 2005.

1. rawfish

rawfish Member

In regards to fordistough's coments about the imports....lol WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023544

SUVs

SUVs from Asian manufacturers were the most reliable overall. However, neither the large Nissan Armada nor its Infiniti QX56 cousin are past their teething problems yet. Two South Korean SUVs, the Hyundai Tucson and the Kia Sportage, also rate among the worst.

European brands anchored the least reliable list. Unreliable models included the V8 BMW X5, Land Rover Range Rover, Land Rover LR3, Porsche Cayenne, Volkswagen Touareg, and Volvo XC90. Notable exceptions were the BMW X3 and six-cylinder X5, which improved to average.

American SUVs continue to produce mixed results. While the Mercury Mariner was the best of the group, the Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer, and Jeep Grand Cherokee were among the least reliable.

The Toyota Tundra and the new Honda Ridgeline earned the top Ratings. The redesigned 2005 Toyota Tacoma V6 rated just average, but the four-cylinder Tacoma was above average. The Nissan Titan dropped from average and is now in the worst list. The Ford F-150 continued to score below average.

And if your gonna comment about the titian yes its is a lemon as of now, so was the tundra when it first came out but, humm.....damn how long had ford been making trucks and were does most of the $$ and R&D for for ford goes twards.........Oh yeah trucks!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  2. alamarc

alamarc Member

Found
    Oon
    Road
    Dead

Fix
    Or
    Repair
    Daily

Fill
    Oil
    Resivoir
    Daily

LOL
    My cousin bought a brand new 2004 f250 superdoodie (in 2004) Within the first 75 miles the entire tranny fell off of the truck. Didn't crack, didn't lose a gear or reverse--it fell off of the truck. Then he got rid of it and went back to GM and no problems since.

3. rawfish

rawfish Member

i'm not a big ford fan or domestics to be honest but a tranny just falling off, coming apart fron the block just seems a bit far fetched.:redbounce

4. alamarc

alamarc Member

if you think its far fetched thats up to you but i witnessed it with my own eyes.

5. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Imports ???

Ill put it this way I will match my 01 F-250 super duty against ANY import out there, My father has been buying toyota for many years. Hands down Ford, Chevy, or Dodge is by far the superior breed of trucks ...