1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford xlt 5.4 4x4

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JEFF P, Jun 28, 2006.

1. JEFF P

JEFF P Junior Member

Oka guy I need some good honest advice. Im looking at a 2000 ford xlt 5.5 lt ext cab short box flare side. Is it a good plow truck or not ? What problems ? Also how do iI no if its a 7700 like people are saying . Its mainly for personal use along with plowing out my bus,. parking lot and aout 20 other custumers. Please be honest and all advise will be taken. THANKS

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It is a decent truck, but it is going to be doing a lot of work. You are probably going to want to have something bigger to do a parking lot with. To know if it is a 7700, it will say it under the F150 badge on the back and sides of the truck.

3. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

vehicle weight rating

open the driver side door and look on the door pillar where the lock strike is. You will find a plate with manufacturer date, serial number and GVW (gross vehicle weight rating) as well as codes for engine, axles, tire sizes, etc.

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

IF its a F150 I have a blizzard 760LT for sale. IT would be a great plow for that truck.