1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford with a BIG snowblower...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Up North, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

My 3 year old and I went to town for lunch today and I just happened to have the dig. camera with. My son went nuts when he saw this, we had to sit and watch it through the whole green light...good thing nobody was behind us. :eek:

Ford tractor with a huge blower on the front. Also you'll see a couple funny looking cars facing the blower. Most of the auto makers come to our town for winter testing. Kind of neat as we get to see what the future cars/trucks are going to look like.

Buck

bigblower.JPG

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

one more shot of the Ford/Blower combo. I'd love to get my hands on one of these... :bluebounc

Buck

bigblower2.JPG

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

One other thing, when we were sitting there watching I was wondering what would happen if a big rock got spit out of that thing and flew down the road into someone's windshield... :dizzy: I wonder what this guy was thinking??? He was blowing it straight back into the ditch but dang...that's dangerous.

Buck

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Where in the Heck is that guy blowning it to? And why is he bloing it. A good plow operator would never plow snow there. That is weird, never seen that in Maine. Hope he has insurance!

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

It's a 4 lane highway with a grass median. So he is blowing the piled snow back into the ditch between the two roads but...not a good time of day to be doing that. Maybe at night when there is less traffic but not at high noon. The guys in those test cars have most of the car wrapped in sort of plastic, not sure why but I think they were worried as to how well the plastic would hold up vs. that big blower.

And yes, not sure why there is snow there to begin with as there is plenty of area to pile it AWAY from the intersection.

Buck

6. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

It isn't plastic on the cars, It is a material like those bras that go on the front of cars. It is to cover up body lines and hide special features so other companies can't steal them. You see them do it alot even on test tracks and city drives. Car companies have also been known to paint everything black to hide things to people taking pictures can't pick up what has changed so others can't steal it. Makes the car more exclusive and a better reveal.

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Ahh, that makes sense. Yeah most (not all) of the test vehicles we see are painted a flat black. No shine what so ever. Never thought about it but I guess that would make sense. Still can't make sense of the guy blowing snow like that in the middle of the day though... :D

Buck

8. MN_BR

MN_BR Member

Buck, I saw him on the east side of town blowing back some intersections this morning and thought kind of a strange time (rush hour) to be out there as well..they were actually loading some state trucks with it down out there though. Hope all is well i'll shoot you an email soon.

9. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

we have a similar tractor New Holland Tv 140 They are awesome for snow. What I cant figure out is why he would have the blower on the front. The tractors bidirectional so why not put it of the back and turn the seat around. In the versatile I drive the seat has never been turned around. Even last year when we were loading trucks thirty miles away

10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey Brad,
    He must have been all over town today. Ben & I saw him on our way into town from the north, then took these pics after leaving the airport on the west side of town.

I was going to email these pics to you tonight but guess I don't have too now... :) Yeah, all has been pretty good lately, shoot me that email when you get a chance.

Buck

11. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Traffic :rolleyes: Out there? You have no idea of traffic until you come out to the East coast 60 miles on either side of the NYC - WDC I-95 corridor. It's gridlock anymore in the suburbs.