1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford UltraMount Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jrtcbmw, Dec 15, 2011.

1. jrtcbmw

jrtcbmw Member

Ok. So I am getting my hands on a Western 8' Pro Plow with an UltraMount.

All i will be getting is plow side. So i am going to need the Truck side of everything.

Including the plow mount. Now my question is what is the difference between the "Early" and "Late" style mounts. My truck is 2004, according to Westerns site "early" means prior to 12/1/03. my truck is 04/04. And the local western dealer to me gave me part numbers to the "early" version. By the way im reading it, the plow mount is a "late" version. So which one is the right one to get??

Thank you in advanced
    Jason

2. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I would think that you are the late mount. I sure though, but that is what is making sense to me. I hope you have an easy time finding the mount. We just needed a ultra mount for my dads 2000 F-250 and it is on a nation wide back order. I found one new but had to call 15 different dealers to get one.

3. jrtcbmw

jrtcbmw Member

Yeah thats what im assuming, but the dealer by me used Westerns quick match (herd him over the phone) to tell me it was an early mount.

I have a couple dealers in my area that can get my new in about 2 weeks. but im trying to find used.

4. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Where you you located? There is a dealer around here Mishawaka, IN that has one used. You can verify what the dealer said online. You can do the quick match yourself.

5. jrtcbmw

jrtcbmw Member

Thats why im so confused about the right mount. because of the quick match and what the dealers around me have told me.

and im located in PA, philly area.

6. SnyCo

SnyCo Member

the difference is a coilspring (later model) front end verses a leaf spring (earlier model) front end. i have an ultramount for the earlier/leaf spring style front end and come to philly often. email for info. snydercontracting@h o t m a i l DOT c o m

[​IMG]

7. SnyCo

SnyCo Member

and if it helps you, this came off of an early production '04 model.