1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Tuff!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by GreenDuramax04, Feb 28, 2010.

1. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I almost fell of my chair when I saw this yesterday. lol

Found this on the Baltimore Craigslist for sale. Here is the ad:

before you read this the truck is broke, the frame snapped after about 12hrs of work this year.
    The truck is an 86 with a 460 gas v8. the odometer reads 104,xxx miles. the plow is an older unit but will move snow like nobodys business, its a 7'6" myers power angle with a rebuilt e46 pump. the spreader is a henderson chief with a tecumsa gas engine. its belt feed but needs new spreader shaft it went missing when the frame snapped.The spreader is operated by an in cab controller pictured below. It has elec start and choke. before this past storm we made sure everything in this truck worked down to every little bulb, everything was in great working order except for an exhaust leak that happened right before the frame broke, its located on the drivers side exhaust manifold.the truck has new tires with 90%+ tread left. its rough looking and everything has rust but it dosent matter what it looks like when your making this kind of money. This truck would be best used for parts or for someone who has another truck of this era that they can turn into a money maker like this one once was. $100+/hr. is what it was worth.
    the truck does run and i can show you that everything works just cant be driven due to bad frame. Truck is sold as-is and does come with a clean title. the truck must be towed.If i was to break the truck down. the plow alone can be sold for $1500, the spreader needs a shaft so that could only be sold for $750 and the truck for just a couple hundred bucks.

2. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

That truck is almost 25yrs old, and probably beat it whole life, lets see a cheby that old with that type of life??? before you start bashing a Ford, lets see the comparable from another manufacturer.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I was kinda wondering what the point of this thread was- 24 year old truck that has plowed and had a heavy spreader in the bed that's been worked hard finally snapped a frame- how does that compare to the 2008/2009 Chevys with snapped frames?

4. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

I'm not bashing Ford, just thought it was funny. If it was a Chevy I'd title it "Like a Rock".

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Got ya, you don't see old Dodges like that, since nobody bought them. Ugly f'n trucks.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Nothing like wanting top dollar for equipment as old as the truck.