1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by checkers, Jan 26, 2010.

1. checkers

checkers Junior Member

anybody help me out on wiring up plow i need help bad

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

what kind of plow, what kind of truck? have you done anything your self yet? what year plow what year truck?

3. checkers

checkers Junior Member

7.5 western 1985 ford f150 been restoring truck and now we have a bad storm comming in tomorrow and went to hook up plow and it wont do nothing i just no i have a wire crossed some where but i am stumped

4. ajslands

are the lights on it working, or no power at all

5. checkers

checkers Junior Member

yes what i have done is wired it wrong to the salonoid i have 2 on this truck one is for the truck and the other is for the plow wires from plow motor are black going straight to neg on battery red goes to the second selonoid does a jumper wire go from the second selonoid back to the first one hope that makes sense?

6. checkers

checkers Junior Member

did i lose ya

7. ajslands

yes you did, ive read about five times too

8. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

what western plow? the conventional cable control, or the unimount electric control?

check out western's website. go to the publications library. lots of wiring diagrams there that should make it easy