1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford truck side mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Ground Cover, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Ground Cover

Ground Cover Junior Member

can anyone tell me if the truck side mount of off a 1999 super duty will fit on a 2006 super duty? the western website shows two diffrent part numbers, but just wondering if anyone has done the swap?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If the web site shows two different part numbers then trust that they are not cross compatible. The.y might be close enough to make them fit but if your time is worth anything then buy the correct mount. Consider the liability... If you make it fit and something goes wrong or you get in an accident then you have to consider a law suit. If you are only using it on your own property its one thing but if you drive from job to job on public roads don't risk it; that's my two cents worth

Just put the two trucks side by side and have a look under the front end. it should be pretty obvious if there are significant differences.

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Your frame is not the same

No there are not the same the mounts they are diffrent they only go from 1999-2004 and 20041/2 are diffrent from the first part of 2004
    2004 1/2 are the same as 2005 fseries ,so no the frame is not the same as the 1999 on the 2006 i know this cause i had an 04 f250 and my friend had an 01 and wanted to give me his plow but i had to change the frame ,western told me this when i went to have them put it on .

4. Ground Cover

Ground Cover Junior Member

mishnick: i understand where ur coming from. i dont want to cobble anything togther i want it to be done right. i just know sometimes parts cross refrence easy enough.

snow plow pro: i belive it is cause they changed from leaf springs to coil springs is this correct?