1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Truck Question???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bones, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bones

bones Junior Member

I have a western plow bolted on a 1990 ford bronco fullsize and i wanted to know if it will fit on a 1986 for f-150? Thanks for any help.
  2. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Ford Truck Question?

bones--I would Contact Western on this Site as they should Know! Ole Tower
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Should be the same frames from early 80's to like 94. Bronco is just a shortened F-150 frame.
  4. gustang818

gustang818 Junior Member

You should be ok. In '92 Ford went to the accordian frame to improve crashworthiness. The '84 to '91 frames should all be the same as far as fitting your plow mount. I'm not sure about the '83 back to '80 but any difference in those shouldn't be that great.
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Another post in" truck and equipment repair" pointed out that some trucks you have to take the sway bar off to mount the truck side mount. The mount goes to the outside of the frame rails. Use grade 8 bolts too. You can get them much cheaper at industrial fastener places vers Meyer.