1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford truck problem?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by farmtruckerboy, Feb 9, 2009.

1. farmtruckerboy

farmtruckerboy Member
    from PA

Hey y'all I have a question about something, When I turn in my truck the front left wheel sounds like a eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise or something like that I put new brakes on and greased it too but it still does it? I have a ford 2000, 7.3 turbo diesel powerstroke long bed extended cab 4x4.

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

never heard that.

did you try jack front end up and try turn both side do they make noise?

TO me it could be

squeak ball joint
    bad power steering pump
    bad steering gear box

question did it hard to turn than before?

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Are you at a standstill or is the truck moving when it is turning???????????????

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

dry ball joints. if their original probaly over due for a change. if it only does it when turning with the hubs locked could be u-joints.

JR

5. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

How many miles on it? What if anything has been done to front end? Hubs/ axle bearings can also make some noise when going bad. As already said, ball joints, u joints, steering parts. Ford front ends are notorious for problems. I own one and it's up on jackstands again right now waiting for me.

6. farmtruckerboy

farmtruckerboy Member
    from PA

thanks to y'all guys!!!

7. farmtruckerboy

farmtruckerboy Member
    from PA

I will have to look in more detail and see but that sounds just about right thanks million. :nod:

8. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

your problem is you bought a ford

your problem is you bought a ford like the chevys thier balljouints are under sized thier tierod ends are puny believe it or not my balljouints and tierod ends are bigger and stronger in my 96 cherokee im not kidding ford and chevy wounder why there going under cheaper and lighter parts are a sign of greed we hear the slogen buy american meanwhile the japanees are building better bigger trucks in america its all about greed makes me sick when they expect us blue collor workers to bail them out ussmileyflag

9. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

I'm singing the same tune. If that were any of our business' we'd be told "sorry about your luck"

10. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I have a Jeep GC 1996 with a 318 with almost 400,000 miles on it and have only needed to change the ball joints one time.

With that said I love my F250's with there diesels and I think the Ford and Chevy trucks do just a little bit more work then your or my jeep will ever do, you might be bias just a bit!

11. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

still love my american trucks

ussmileyflagthe fact im trying to get across has nothing to do with picking on ford or chevy ilove trucks back in the 70s 80s iwas a chevy man i fell in love with body styles front ends back tail lights my father owned a construction co we had an old 69 chevy 1 ton dump truck you could almost take of in third gear i used to take that truck to scool back in the early 80s after two motors and heavey frontend damage my father sold it i was still in high school my heart was broken then he drove home with a 1980 ford dumptruck he had me take it for a long ride to make sure it didnt burn oil had a 351 cleveland i instantly went from a chevy man over to ford after that ride i found that ford builds a much tougher truck we had that truck for many years in my family finally rotted out over time drivetrain was still in great shape sorry i seemed to daydream why i wrote the first post to begen with my best friend just bought a 2007 chevy pick up the truck is flattering to look at he had the truck all of last summer last month he went down for a inspection sticker he failed because his balljoints were gone i looked under his truck i could not believe how small his balljoints and tie rodends were it was clearly designed for failer thats what really pissed me off i was a mechanic at a snall collage in mass all of our 1 ton ford vans were very bad with the same problem i couldnt keep tires on these damm things i was rotateing these tires constantly what a pain in the ass after changeing the balljoints they wouldnt last more that one year the tires would wear uneven i used to give them to a friend at work they were 16 inch tires i have nothing against ford or chevy i think the manufacturers are deliberately designing these parts to fail because of greed thats the part that really pisses me off picture these guys taking off in thier private jets wearing thier ties like thier king **** mean while they wounder why there going down the toilet i an not picking on the product im picking on the people make this **** knowing its **** and doing nothing to fix the problems i still love my american trucks just wish they would redesign these parts once they know these parts are **** thats all sorry about my daydreaming those were the good ole days for me