1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Truck Discussions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ole Tower, May 30, 2007.

1. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I DONO? as an Ole GUY! & in reading Posts it appears to ME? that a Large Majority of Members are operating New & late Model Equipment & 99.% under Warrantee & w/ very FEW? Re-Pairing & R-Building their OWN! & Now that its Summer & Nice Out Nows the TIME to Fix & Re-Pair! I never Hear of any Members Big or Small mentioning? their Fuel or TIRE Depot? or their Local Machanic? All three of the ABOVE! very Imporant in operating a Sucessful vehicle Business! as I have all Three Above plus a Local Welding Shop! ALl available 24/7 & I*M NOT! what I*D call a Professional Plower! & in Reading BIG DOGS post & looking at the Number of His Vehicles listed at the Bottom of Each of HIS Post! as He has a Fleet & NO Mechanic? I*M NOT posting a Negitive Post--Just Wondering??--Ole JIM--

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Jim,

I have been down the road of running older stuff and keeping it in good shape. I used to have a full time mechanic and kept him busy all the time. But after I had a couple of incidents where two of my units were totaled I got sick of being bent over by the insurance co's. In both cases we couldn't come anywhere even close to replacing the lost units with the settlement they considered fair. I always kept everything in really good shape both mechanicly and cosmeticly and they kept paying out on what the average value was and I kept getting screwed.

I also got sick of the amount of time I was spending keeping things going and deduced that that time was better spent elsewhere in my business and with my family. I have since gotten rid of a full time guy and all the aggravation that came with him/ it. The guy's are happier with the equipment and we spend more time on jobs making $ than in the shop spending $.

I do have a good welder, we actually fabricate most of the bodies and hitches on our trucks ourselves. I do have a good friend/ tire guy that lives right across the street from my shop as well as a very good relationship with the service manager at the dealer we use for warranty and service work. We also have our own on site gas and diesel supply. It saves a lot of wasted time at the gas station fueling up and socializing plus we have 24/7 acess to fuel even when the power is out.

3. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

ole tower

reading your posts gives me a headache:dizzy:

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Same here i was thinking about that yesterday. UppeR CasE, LoweR CasE. I feel like :dizzy: when i read them. LoL

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I run new trucks becasue I like the thought of my truck stardting when i need it. I know that the new ones break too and I don't buy for a warranty. I have had to put ball joints and a trans in a new truck ( not covered by dodge). I have all of my general maintenance done at the local penzoil. I maintain their property in exchange for all maintenance on our 2 trucks and my wife's truck( oil, all filters bulbs ,trans flush, wipers, anything they offer.) I do brakes ,trailer repairs, welding and any other jobs I can do my self. As mentioned earlier , I also know guys in the buisness that run older trucks and it seems they spend more money keeping them on the road than I do on my payment!!! I guess it is all in how you look at it. Just my opinion !!!

6. Big Dog D

If I remember correctly he has a sight problem and has some kind of device that puts the wording up on a large TV screen and that device is what causes the difference in the case the letters are displayed in.

7. Quality SR

Really!!! I didnt know that, i was just playing around.

8. Big Dog D

As far as I know he has some kind of handicap or it is the computer set up or both. It is a bit difficult to read at times but it's not something that's done intentionally.

9. Quality SR

I take it back. I thought it was done intentionally. :eek:

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Web TV I think.

11. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

oh man now i feel like *****. i thought he was just trying to be funny

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Ole Tower's a retired truck driver so he may not know alot of the rules of computer posting.
    Give him a break at least he's here when it's warm out.
    It's a adventure to read his posts.

In an answer to the post:
    I use older stuff but I have no payment.
    I am a very good mechanic so repairs just need parts and fluids.
    I enjoy fixing and repairing problems.
    If I had to pay to have stuff fixed I would be dead in the water rather quickly.

13. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Ford Truck Discussion

Hi Guys I*M NOT against New trucks! nor the Guys that have them--I chatted w/ a certifyed Accountant--HE exlained to Me WHY? the Depreation thing!--works the way it Does!--so I understand Now trading ater the Depreation thing runs OUT!--when You can*t De-Duct any more! I couldn*t have Bought my 96 Ford F-350 w/ out the Above! as the Previous Owner traded Due to the Above!--He was a Farmer & Hauled a Horse Trailer--Highway Miles--it Never Plowed--He just had it Serviced & re-placed many parts--but--His Book keeper told Him He had to Trade!--Due to NO More Depreastion--I have chatted w/ HIM Nice Ole GUY!--He gave ME all the Receipts of Work He had Done--& He stops In every once in a while as He passes By--I Not only Got a Nice Truck but a New Freind Also!--I wrote an Appoligy on the Site--after I understood this Depreastion thing!-- as I understand NOW!--THANKS & have a SAFE ONE! --Ole Tower--

14. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

Maybe it's a voice program that types for him?

Ole Timer is that true?

Cheers.Keep truckin

15. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

The problem isn't just the upper/lower case letters, the grammar is terrible. However if its a voice program, that would explain the bad grammar.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Hi, welcome to a year ago. :waving:

:D

17. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Ole Tower still lives !