1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford transmission guarentee

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by murphy4trees, Jan 20, 2005.

1. murphy4trees

murphy4trees Member

I bought a '91 bronco w/ plow as a second truck for a 14" snow in Feb '03... Trans blew on that storm.... man do I hate the electronic overdrive... decided to go factory rebuild/dealer installed... Cost was around $2500. Never liked the new trans... it felt weak... no power and always felt like it was on it's last leg... Anyhow I specifically and repeatedly asked the service manager if the 3 year 36k miles warantee would be affected since it was a plow truck, before agreeing to hire them to do the work.. He assured me it would not be effected... So we had under 2" of fluff yeaterday and the trans blew... I took it to a different ford dealer, who is now telling me that for commercial use the warentee is 12 months 12K miles... I only put 9K miles on it so far.... I was livid, especially since that trans was a dog from day 1....

The old dealer is out of business... the strange thing was that when I asked for a written warentee upon payment, I was told that it's an implied warentee, not written... What is that coming from a fortune 500 company...

Gotta talk to the regional service manager tomorrow... the local guy was pretty sure it wasn't coverred and said the truck is such a rust bucket, he doesn't even want to work on it....

Any suggestions...