1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford transfer years

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Clint S, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I just found out when going to change the clutch that the frame in my 95 f150 has rotted through. My neighbor has a mid to late 80's truck I could get for real cheap. The plow on my current truck was new in 95 and it is the kind where the headgear is round tubes that mounts to the truck side frame. I do not know the exact name. As I have seen with alot of these the truck mount and head gear are literally welded together. What are the interchange years for the truck side mounts. If this will work I will make the wiring work as it will turn into a yard truck only. If not I will start looking for a truck without a plow to transfer this plow to.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'd need a mount change for that truck. Change over year was '92.

3. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

So I am guessing 92 to 96( or is it 95) is the same??? My neighbors truck would only be worth it if I did not have to buy anything. I think I am going to start looking for something that will be a straight change over. Cut it off the old truck and transfer it over.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct Clint, '92-'96 is what you need if your don't want to purchase anything.

5. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

guess it is time to start looking for a new truck. :(

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Or repair the rot on the old one. :help:

7. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

If only it was that easy, I found the rot when I was starting to replace slave cylinder and clutch that blew out. If it was not for the clutch I would try to fix it, but finding a clean piece to weld onto would be tough. It may be easier to find a truck without a plow on it and transfer it over, by the time I price out the clutch and all the parts that are going to break when I try to change it and factor in the time on my back factor it may be cheaper (and easier ).