1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Tranny Issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dorn1127, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Dorn1127

Dorn1127 Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have a '97 ford Stroker with the E40D. I was have problems with it shuddering when pulling then it started to do it all the time. I took to a mechanic i know who does really good work he said my Torque converter was bad. He put in a new one and flushed the tranny and put in a new filter. i pulled the trailer not a day later and it started up again. I even put in a shift kit. Also FYI this has a Super Chip installed if any help. Can anyone help me out on this promblem.

IF SO WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
    Thanks Dorn

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

you want to give brian a call at http://www.brianstruckshop.com/. he builds the heaviest duty bullet proof trans out there. He is out in AK, but worth the drive. If you got a problem, he has seen it at least 50 times:D .

3. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

I second that for Brians Truck Stop. He is a top notch builder and knows Ford's tranny's in and out. I wouldn't think twice on who to bring it to.