1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford to final kill the Excursion

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tarkus, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

3. Tarkus

From what I have read in that article and others, sales are down and dropping even more making its future look bleak.

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I see a few of them with plows from time to time. Personally, I think they are a neat vehicle but I don't see a whole lot of them anymore. There's a ton of the yukons, tahoes, and explorers around though.

5. Tarkus

The "green" people (enviromentalist) have been very hard on the SUV and Fords image somewhat because of it. It has the worst MPG of any SUV made and that is not a nice label to have today.

6. This should be it. The new extended expy or whatever it's going to be called will be out soon to replace the excrusion.

7. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

To the Excursion! :drinkup: The greatest SUV ever :salute: It will be missed.

At least by me that is.

8. tuna

tuna Senior Member

It won`t be back because that plant is going to be tooled up for increased Super Duty production.

9. Tarkus

If fuel prices spike again yet higher in the future, they may have to retool yet again too.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  10. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

its a shame there discontinuing the excursion i have a 2000 v10 except for ball joints it been super reliable 12mpg on the highway doesnt help either
    john

11. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

Figures, I waited all those years for Ford to come out with a competitor to the Suburban, and one big enough to hold a diesel. Now that I have saved up enough and can almost afford one, they are going to discontinue it.

It's the story of my stinkin' life! :rolleyes:

12. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

By me too. We have a 2000 and it has been an excellent rig. All we have ever did to it is replace the alternator once, put new bolts in the turbo (super duty problem also) and replaced the door lock actuators. Other than that it has been a trouble free rig. We figure it should make it to about 300,000 without any big trouble so maybe by then Ford will have another large SUV available. Heres to the X :drinkup: :drinkup:

Here is ours..

Ex 017sm.jpg

13. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

:eek: That looks awsome. It looks like its lifted or is that just the angle.

14. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I see alot of "homeboys" driving them also.

15. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

4" lift, 35" tires

Boss, Those guys are the ones that are lowered 4" and have 20" wheels with low profile tires. Mine is the "redneck" version.

16. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Iam glad they are getting rid of them, who needs a gas sucking SUV to drive to work and back everyday. Total waste of gas to produce a personal use vehicle that is built like a ford superduty. They are way too big. If you need a truck for work fine, if you are doing some plowing and/or towing fine,otherwise
    why in the world would you need such an expensive vehicle to buy and real expensive on gas. No Point!

17. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

cja1987

So what is your point? Every vehicle on the market is a waste unless you have a use for it. I have a 03 excursion and i use it to pull my camper and haul my kids. If i didnt have the kids i wouldnt have the excursion.

18. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

My X has NEVER burned one single gallon of gas. Mine has a Diesel engine and does not burn anymore Diesel than any Super Duty truck on the road. It is about the same thing as a Super-Duty with a canopy. At 16-18mpg around town it gets better mileage than any rig I own.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  19. Tarkus

I have 3 kids but I do not use a land yatch to run errands around town with and without them. I use something a lot more economical for that and save the "boat" for weekends or trips and get a lot of years of use out of it that way too.

20. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

My point is just what I said, was it that hard to understand?

Who would need all that truck for daily transportation, which is what 99% of excursion drivers use them for. If you have a use for it, like towing the camper, as i said in my original post i guess you can "justify" (not that you have to its a free country) having one.