1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford to dodge unimount fab?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kcplowmata, Nov 26, 2007.

1. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

guy has a unimount 9 ft plow with a ford f350 mount. could i fab the mount to fit my dodge 3500 and be good?

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Anything is possible with the right tools and know how. Heck, I once put a complete old school 8' Meyer from an '88 Dodge D150 onto a 1995 Chevy 2500 diesel :dizzy:. Looked better on the Chevy than it did on the Dodge. I would probably take some time and try to find the correct mount first. I got a Minute Mount mount and an Ultramount mount for my Dodge off Ebay, $150 each. So they are out there for not too much money.

Not sure what year Dodge you have, but I'll hook you up with my Ultramount mount for a great deal. Western even has an adapter that allows a Unimount to be used on an ultramount mount. I saw it on Ebay once and almost bought it.

3. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

thanks. dang unimounts are going for 500 and more. i can get an ultra mount and the adapter for 600. but i have an old ford mount though

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I am still waiting on my buddy for ya about that unimount for ya. But I do have a Dodge meyers mount. Which you could fab the western on to front of it. The dodge and ford mounts are completely different.

5. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

i have an e60 pump laying around maybe i could piece together a plow with yer mount

6. Al Thorp

Al Thorp Junior Member

Yeah, I found exactly the same. These Uni-Mounts are selling for top dollar! Seems a good idea to fabricate a hundred of these and sell them on eBay or elsewhere! Can't understand why Western doesn't make them any more, there's obviously a big market for these mounts.

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

They still make them. But on a per order basis, and building just one at a time is costly. AKA why they sell for $650+. Your only other choice is get a ultra mount then get a unimount conversion kit.