1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford to Chevy conversion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by simonc1970, Dec 30, 2010.

1. simonc1970

simonc1970 Junior Member
    from CT

Hello, I have a 2004 complete unimount setup off a ford f 150 that I want to out on my 95 chevy k3500. I know I will need the chevy frame but as far as the wiring harness goes can I just clip off the ford 3 wire headlight connectore and replace with the chevy connectors to run the headlights? seems feasible but thought I would ask first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

would you like a electrical schematic to help you?

All you have to do is say please...

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Please ..................:laughing: :laughing:

TOM

4. twinman326

Ok..

Electrical schematic Guide for; 3 and 4 port isolate mod, 2-3 wire and relays
    http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html...ommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/22373.07_110108_for_web.pdf

If you have any questions or in need of help, just ask..

We will be here to guide you.

Simonc1970;
    just curious what year is the ford? Just want to make sure we get the right wiring hook up for you lights..Chevy and Ford have different wiring for the truck lights..

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Provding the plow off of your Ford was a relay system , rewiring the Ford headlight harness to use on your Chevy wouldn't be all that hard , with that being said you will be left with a spliced and cut up harness and truck wiring with no method for removal other than to do more cutting and splicing to put it back to stock.

IMHO, I would simply aquire the correct plug and play headlight harness and re use the control harness, relays and power wire setup you already have .

What headlights are in your Chevy ? Composite HB3/HB4 , Dual sealed beam ?

I have a used harness for 88-98 Chevy with the composite (HB3/HB4) lights if you just want to plug it in and be done. tomsnastyz@yahoo.com if you are interested.

TOM

6. twinman326

Most likely composite. I have a 94, and they are composite HB3/HB4

He did mention it is a 2004 plow..So I am assuming it would be a mod system. but then it might not.I gather he want to change the ends for the vehicle headlights!!

What do you think Nasty-Z

7. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Would guess Composite also , both my '93 and '94 are composite.

Agreed , it is probably a ISO system from the 2004 , did'nt even think of that .

Good catch!

TOM

8. twinman326

I never had my fishing rod..........

Have a good New year