1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford superduty high beam plow light ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rb69, Nov 14, 2008.

1. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

I am helping a buddy who recently installed a new Boss on his 05 SD. High beams on the plow will work when he pulls the turn signal lever back, but doesn't work in the normal high beam postion.

Dealer told him that he needs to splice some wires & pointed to a
    purple/yellow
    pink/yellow
    purple
    pink All coming off I beleive 2 of the 6 relays.

He has the dual burn lights on his plow.

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There isn't even any of those colors at the relays...and a couple not even on the rest of the plow. :confused:

At the relays you have:

-Red
    -Blue
    -White
    -Black
    -Brown
    -White/yellow
    -Red/lt blue
    -Blue/yellow
    -Red/yellow
    -Black
    -Black/red

What DO YOU have connected? Do you have the dual burn relay wired up? What battery terminal did you connect the red/white wire to?

Need alot more details on the exacts to help effectively..

3. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

B&B< those wire colors are coming off the relays that are lined up w/ the others (6 I believe)
    I did not do the wiring on it, so not so sure what they have done.
    I did finish up a 2008 Chevy HD & it didn't have any of theses wires in it harness.
    I was not able to find those color cdes in the schematics either???????

It is my understanding that he needs the dual burn relay's wired up.

The dealer had pulled 2 pair of wires out of the loom & told him to splice them together, but one off them to me are for turn signals (violet) & the other for park lights(yellow)??

He did say that there was a small piece of paper in the headlight adapter bag theat should explain the hook ups, but that has been tossed.

My guess is that those wires coming off the relays -one is for a switch source from the high beams to trigger the high beams & the other feeds power to the dual burn part??

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You gotta finish the job before concluding that you have a problem.

5. rb69

rb69 Member
    from Midwest

B&B, do you have the small info paper dealing w/ the dual burn lights or any wirng info. These 4 wires have the plug ends on them ,like the chevy's did for the turn & park lights did.
    Not sure where they go??

Thanks

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes I can email you the DB relay file but...

It wont matter anyway as the duel burn relay has nothing to do with the plow lights actually operating UNLESS ITS CONNECTED INCORRECTLY. The plow lights will operate without it even being connected...there's thousands of pre-'08 model year Boss's out there without the DB relay as it's just an "add on" anyway...the plow harness isn't different.

But regardless, it's likely that you don't even have a plow problem, you have a truck problem. Because the "flash to pass" function on the dimmer switch flashes THE LOW BEAMS, not the hi's. Time to start checking connections and fuses. This includes the fuses in the central junction box on the truck.