1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Superduty F-350 Plow Mount/Control Questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jay ALC, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Hi guys,
    It's been a while since I've posted anything on this forum but the time for flakes is rapidly approaching now. I changed to a 2002 F-350 Powerstroke diesel, auto tranny this year. I am in need of purchasing a new plow for this truck and had a few questions for those that have the similar superduty style truck. Last season I had a Blizzard straight plow and was very pleased and this season all my dealer is carrying is the Blizzard Plows so I thought I would go with the 810 (expanding plow) on this truck instead. The superdutys they mounted the Blizzard plows on last year, the dealer said he needed to leave the towhooks out when he mounted the plow frame. My question is.. is this actually necessary or what can be done to keep the tow hooks in place with such mount? Another question pertains to plow controls and Ford Superdutys. Last season I had the left hand joystick control with window hanger bracket. How would anyone suggest doing a window mount or something to that effect on the newer superdutys with the curved section of the window? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have any current prices on what the Blizzard 810 is going for this season in your area? Thanks in advance.
  2. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a Curtis, door mounted controller in a 2000 F250. The curve is a bit of an annoyance because the controller tends to slide down the curve, and more than once, when I have gotten out of the truck the corner of the control hit the power lock button and locked me out, luckily the window was open so I was not stuck. I always carry the spare key in my pocket now. That aside, the controller still works there pretty well. I will try to get a pic of it for you.
  3. rtx600

rtx600 Junior Member

the blizzard plow is crappy at best...they have had a tremendous amount of troubles with the 810 power plow...the f350 truck will destroy that plow very quickly!up in mich. everyone seems to end up with a boss plow.....they are extremely tough & thier mount sys does not require you t remove the tow hooks...also they use better steel {no bent up plows}the new boss mount is awsome ,,very easy on & off....the blizzard mount sys will be trouble some if you have any ele probs.....also the blizzard wings get bent up and leak fluid.....

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

We have had some threads on the blizzard that have been "very rambunctious". :rolleyes:

Try searching under blizzard plows and you should be able to come up with at least a few.

6. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

I have read every Blizzard thread on the board even before I purchased my plow last season. As I said I just hadn't posted here in a while, because of my involvement with another forum. ;) I was and will be during the winters a very active member of PS. Thanks for the replies and keep them coming.
  7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Here we go again !!!

Blizzard bashing at its best. (NOT!)

Pretty lame attempt, rtx600, check the threads JDPlower provided for some which are far superior to yours.

Jay, my tow hooks remain intact on my truck, unless they've changed the frame for '02.

I opted for the deluxe joystick control which incorporates a headlight switch as well. It velcroes to your center seat cushion and is very comfortable to operate.

I think a switch for this plow would be too cumbersome for the window mount with the additional wing control switches, and the uneven window will probably cause problems as well.

Mine was $4400 in Dec. '01

Jay, I posted the threads more for rt's benefit than anybodys. I noticed right away that you are on that list ;) .