1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Super Duty

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, May 26, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

well i was searching youtube along time back..found this vid..just thought i'd share if you had not seen.

alittle backround on me, my grandpa is Senior V.P. of a large oil company here in alaska. growing up i used to go to there yard and drive the trucks that had came in to anchorage from the north slope to go to auction. they are beat to death up there..i have had the chance to see a huge amount of trucks go up there new, and come back well used.

its a real reason i'm a die hard ford guy today. they have allways bought ford trucks..forever. over the years as new trucks came out from dodge and chevy the local dealers talked my grandpas company into testing a few. the idea was to see if they were any better then the fords when it came to hard work.

after 3-7 years and 120-250k miles none of the dodges had trannys left, not to mention nothing left of the interiors. the chevys were no better plus had bad sup problems that is if they ran at all. the fords all be it worn, still started drove and looked decent. seeing this as a young kid sets somthing in your head yaknow? so that kinda makes me the ford guy i am...but i dont just scoff at other brands because i know not everyone is gonna beat on there trucks like those that go on the slope do. anymore they are all very nice trucks..but i like somthing i know i cant beat on if need be.

our company currently has a fleet of around 350 ford f-250/350 and some 450s

anyway i just wanted to share this vid and alittle about myself.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RwYbetD6lEc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RwYbetD6lEc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

great vid dude:salute:

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice vid!prsport

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Almost makes me want to go buy a ford truck... Almost:p

Nice video :nod:

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

AWESOME video, where do you work for?

6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

NICE VIDEO THX FOR SHARING :drinkup:

7. 91AK250

i dont work for them, but my uncles my dad and my grandpa all did oilfeild work for either peak or nabors.

my grandpas company is peak oilfield service inc. it is owned by Nabors alaska drilling and CIRI(cook inlet regional corp) its a great company and has been very good to our family.

http://www.peakalaska.com/prudhoe_bay.html

http://www.nabors.com/Public/index.asp

as a intersting note, my f-250 actuly worked a few years in the cook inlet oilfeilds before i got it. i bought it from my grandpas company in '99.

it was a intersting vid to show you guys what i'd seen and delt with over the years. :)

and i actuly dont have a "real" job haha, i own my detailing biz...make a good bit off of that and its all under the table. but $130 a car and i do up to 4 a week..makes for good pay. im trying to make that even better and not have to get a "real" job...you guys know better then anyone its nice to make your own times and work when and how you want without anyone telling you what to do. i'm also thinking about getting into doing bodywork/paint work.

heres a pic of a excursion that spent 3 years up there..i'll have to dig up more pics i know i have some.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

ford made these promo videos too show case the new 08 last year . they also did some give aways to regular working guys like are selfs they did like a personal diary of the truck and how it helped there business's it was pretty cool ford's website has them and so does you tube .

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Neat video

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

give me one with a reciever hitch, fifth wheel hitch, and a plow i will let them know how it does.

11. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I am trying to work out the same deal, let me know how it goes.:nod:;)

12. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

You would think they would show you the truck working a little more like the other movies they put out on the '08's. They are just showing the truck being driven around. Anyway, thanks for sharing the video and some info about your self.

13. 91AK250

yeah, true...but thats alot of what they do..crew trucks running between camps. the roads up there are terrible and it beats them pretty good. along with the -60 cold in the winter it does a number alone. but i know our trucks tow trailers alot and get the beds loaded with pipe and steel a good bit.

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

hey me and a few other guys could really use the truck and give them updates. i would be more then happy to. like i said i pull a 10klb fifth wheel, plow, and pull other peoples stuff likes friends tractors and crap around.

15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Video!

16. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I just seen the exact truck and asked the guy what he paid. He just paid $50,000, F250 Super duty, Diesel, Crew cab, Short bed. He said it has every option.

17. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Out of 18 box trucks and stake bodies. We got all ford super duties. And no Gmc or Chevy's left. Too many electrical problems over the years. Used to have about 7 GM Products at one point .

18. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

funy thing i always wondered. why dosent GM do anything like this. for a breef monent i almost wanted to buy a ford. then reality set in and i woke up.

nice video and info about you and your family.

19. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If the car and truck makers would talk to the people that actually use the vehicles for work. This country could build the best product on Earth for a decent price. If they don't keep up we will see Toyota tow trucks, Honda Ambulances and KIA Police cars soon.

20. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

sweet video