1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Ranger?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by SnowKid16, May 11, 2008.

1. SnowKid16

SnowKid16 Junior Member

Hey guys this might sound stupid but I was wondering if you could plow with a Ford Ranger. My friend has a 2000, V6 3.0, Ford Ranger 4x4. Here in Dayton, Ohio we get little snow and I was thinking we could put a homeowner plow on it to do small residential driveways (people we mow for) during the winter. Any comments are welcome

Thanks
    Ryan :)

2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I have an '01 Ranger with the 4.0 v6 in it. I have been using it for two years now with a Sno Way on it. I do 41 drives and two small lots with it. No issues so far.

3. SnowKid16

SnowKid16 Junior Member

Do you have the ST series?

Thanks
    Ryan

4. SnowKid16

SnowKid16 Junior Member

NVM lol I guess I just could have read your signature

Thanks

5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i had a 96 s10 and had a western unimount...i personal would put a blizzard on there, or a meyers even tho i hate them...or try to pick up a fisher mm2 used...but you will have no problem...i plowed for a guy and did 2 decent sized lots and about 30 drives and then had 2 small lots and about 5 drives that i did on my own...no problems other than the size so i would def try to get a 7foot plow

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would got blizzard 680LT or a western surbanite or a fisher homesteader or a curtis homepro. All are great little plows. But I would stay very far away from snowway plows.

7. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Can I assume you have had an issue with Sno Way?

Just asking. Everyone has there preferences.

I had an old Chevy with a Meyer's that wouldn't quit.

I am not trying to start an arguement either. Really I am just curious.

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I have NOS of the western unimont for a ranger. 6.8 with mount controler everything. let me know if you want it.

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I'm in too :confused:.....................don't know if he has ever really said what his issue with Sno-Way is. Maybe we can find out.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't come in red possibly? ;)

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But he refrained from calling them a POS.:D

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I admire a person of restraint. :D :jester: