1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Ranger

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jonathanhl, Mar 6, 2008.

1. jonathanhl

jonathanhl Junior Member
    from RI

Hi I just bought an 06 ford ranger super cab I want to get a plow and a salt/sand spreader for it what should I get
  2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

well since u give us no info i am gonna say. u have the 4.0L i would bet. snoway makes the best plow for little things meyer's drive pro series is the next more commercial grade. then the suburbanite and homesteder r kinda weak on the trip bar. sander well if u have a class 3 any hitch mouth will work. if u have some skills any tail gate mount could be fixd to ur app. and some better springs might be to ur advantage if u wont the truck to last for alittle bit. if ur gonna care a spreader. how much salt are u gonna carry in the bed. o ya and those good year wranglers you have kinda suck in 2wheel in the snow.
  3. jonathanhl

jonathanhl Junior Member
    from RI

yes I have a 4.0L and I would like a hopper spreader if someone makes one that will fit in a ranger
  4. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Welcome to PS!! Take a look at the SnoWay 22 series with down pressure. They are lightweight, strong and very good for backdragging. As far as a small v-box spreader, there are a few companies that make them, but they only hold 1/3 yard and are a bit too heavy to only load onto the truck when snow is expected (unless you have a machine or a lift system rigged up). Hitch mount spreaders have come a long way over the years, you may want to look at some of them. What kind of plowing/salting are you looking to do? How much snow do you get in your area per year? Is this truck a daily driver or dedicated plow vehicle? (don't laugh guys, I know people who have mini pickups & jeeps as "dedicated" plow trucks for resi's) Once again welcome to the site!!:drinkup:
  5. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Who's laughing? Jeeps and small trucks make great residential trucks. wesport
    I would stick with a hitch mount or tailgate spreader, unless you really plan on doing alot of salting.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Talk to Tom in the Sno-Way forum good for small trucks like the ranger. Couple of guys on here have them on the ranger.
  7. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

8. jonathanhl

jonathanhl Junior Member
    from RI

I like the snoway plow but I am also consisering price what is my best deal to reply to linycctitan I have a lift where I work to load my salt spreader but who makes a hopper spreader I get about 8 4-6 inch storms per year and currently do about 8 driveways with a snowblower but now with my truck I want to plow and have had many people ask me to do there drives I would like to have a good sander because it often gets icey after storms. This truck is what I use daily.
  9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Curtis makes a 4' V box, its a really slick unit.