1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford ranger plow truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Dec 13, 2010.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I have a 06 ford ranger I was thinking on a small plow for this truck to do my residential accounts as my super duty is just to big on some of these jobs. What kinda of plows can one person intsall on these trucks? I have a unimount on the f350 but It seems even a 6.5 unimount seems kinda heavy for these front ends what is a good poly plow for these trucks?

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Snoway 22 series 7.5

3. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Meyer, Western and Fisher all make poly plows that will fit the Ranger.

Good luck! :salute:

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

they make lightweight plows for smaller trucks such as the ranger...many of the plow company websites have a plowfinder where you put in the vehicle info and they recommend a plow for it

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I second the Sno-Way with DP

6. BHISNOWMAN

BHISNOWMAN Member

Sno-Way 22 Hands down

7. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

sport duty boss...

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

9. Flatulentvandal

Flatulentvandal Member

I cannot recommend the Sno-Way with down pressure highly enough! after much research on smaller plows, I say the snoway wins hands down. The down-pressure makes a small plow package so much more efficient. I wouldn't buy a lightweight plow without it.. scrapes and backdrags like a much bigger plow.

Look for a used one off a ranger... You can save a ton by getting the full setup for your truck used. I got mine off a ranger for 40% of what a new one costs and mine looks and performs like new.

10. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I was running a 10ft snowway beginning of the year before I shattered the poly on it. I was in the skid and watched it happened a very small rod sticking out of snowbank caught wrong and went through the blade. Goofy thing is it cracked on the impact side and other side I lost whole sections of the blade. From what I've been told this happens quite regularly so figure out a good method for repair. When it goes it goes quik.