1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Ranger 4x4 plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Wescustogo, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Wescustogo

Wescustogo Junior Member

Hey guys, I'm looking to make some extra money over the winter plowing for our neighbors but am not sure whether my ranger is able to. I live up in Maine and have a 2006 Ranger 4x4 but haven't seen one with a plow before. Will this work? The neighborhood is all paved.

Thanks!

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Put in the truck specs on the plow websites your looking at and it'll tell you what you can install safely

3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Well I plowed 25 residential driveways and helped a contractor at an apartment complex last year when I had my ranger. End of the year snow fall wise was close to 60 inches so yeah they can plow. I had a Meyer drive pro on mine, truck pushed good till you got past the 6 inch mark then you had to get into it a bit

4. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

I used one last year for the company I plow for. Had never plowed with a ranger before, only F550s so I was not excited to be in that little ranger. I was very impressed with it however. That thing pushed really well, even in the big wet snow we had.

5. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

It can I have seen quite a few of them with little six footers. If we get a heavy snow you will probably want to plow with the storm as it will struggle with it. I would get good snow tires, add weight to the back and you will have a nice driveway rig. I dont know what brand plow would work for it but as mentioned go to the manufacturer s website. Good luck, swing by the maine section under weather too, lots of good guys on here

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Put a 7' or 7.5' Boss Sport Duty on it and you will be fine. I have scene quite a few Rangers with Sport Duty's and they seem to work well.

7. L.R.G

L.R.G Junior Member

I have a 93' ranger with a 6'6" western that plows great! Stay on top of your route and you'll be fine!

IMG_20140312_101552.jpg

8. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I would recommend you look for a used 6'8" or 7' plow, Curtis home pro, Meyer Classic with a 7' tm blade, or a Fisher MM1, which you may have to have old ranger mounts modified if they are not available for the 06 to fit. Snow way also makes a plow for the ranger, my buddy just sold one for a ranger, complete for $1000 so they are around. Craigslist is a good source.

here's one that should bolt right onto your ranger http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/for/4761287858.html

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  9. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member