1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 1sttimeplower, Jul 19, 2005.

1. 1sttimeplower

1sttimeplower Junior Member

What would be a good model for small driveways? We want a V plow, and were told that a heavy duty f150 may be good, but the guy wasn't sure if it could support the plow. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

A V -Plow would be way too heavy for a 150. You need at-least a 3/4 ton and a 1 ton is better for a V plow. Do a search here for What plow to Buy there should be days of reading involved about this subject. It's been beat to death many times every year.

3. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

If you're doing small driveawys, a V-plow is total overkill. If I was you I'd get a Jeep wrangler with a 6.5ft plow, can't beat it for small drives....

4. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

i'd second small drives get something small. as for the heavy 150 it is like a light duty 250. i had an 01 f150 7700 series. it is just a light duty 250 with a solid front axle which i prefer.