1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by UniqueTouch, Dec 11, 2015.

1. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

Ford f350 5.4 L 2 valve and the 350 5.4 L 3 valve. what is the diffence between the two? and does this have enough power for plowing ? or should i go with a D?

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

One 5.4L has 2 valves per cyl. and the newer 5.4L has 3 valves per cyl. either one will be fine for plowing, our 06 is a 5.4L and it plows just fine. Just be sure to add the proper weight in the bed (about 800-1,000lbs) and a decent set of tires you'll be good to go.

3. UniqueTouch

is your 4x4?

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

ummm, yep they all are

5. UniqueTouch

dump

i mean the front wheels arent right? he said just rear wheel drive, but its dual right? sorry for my ignorance. dont know a lot obviously

6. immortal.ben

immortal.ben Member

If the truck is rear wheel drive, then it is not 4wd, even if it is a dually.

7. UniqueTouch

truck

Okay thank you, so id be screwed. thanks for all the info i really appreciate it almost bought it

8. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Well the truck is rear wheel drive, but that doesnt mean its not 4 wheel drive. You put it in 4 it's not constantly in 4wd. I'm confused how you're asking questions about the number of valves for plowing but you don't know what 4 wheel drive is?

9. UniqueTouch

truck

my original question was for the valves. and when i asked about the valves i was under the impression that that truck was 4x4, and then i called the owner and he said it was not 4x4. i know what 4 wheel drive is though. i didnt want a truck that wasnt a 4x4 bc that was really the whole reason for me buying a dump was bc i want something that can handle pretty much any snow storm we get here ya know

10. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Sorry about that I didn't mean to give you a hard time

11. UniqueTouch

okay guys i have another question. anyone know anything about the 6.8 L diesel from ford?

12. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Go to one of the Ford powerstroke forums, you will see info there.

13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The Ferd 6.8L is a V-10 Gas burner.

14. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I should a noticed that, d@@m hangover!