1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford problems...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoluvr, Jan 23, 2005.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have an '03 250 superduty with a 5.4...Last night while trying to plow our 2 1/2 feet of white gold, the truck would just shut itself off while in the middle of plowing..I would have to turn off the key, and restart and it would be fine for about another 10 hours...Any ideas..
    Also, the button on the shift lever started flashing indicating a tranny problem.isnt this all convenient to happen with 10 miles left of my warranty!!! Anyone else have problems with the truck shutting down??
    Also, my friend bought an '04 with a 6.0/...His truck shut down last night couldnt get it going until this morning..goes through batt and alternator every other month...WAY TO GO FORD!!!

2. cbelawn

cbelawn Member

Have a Machanic put a scan tool on the truck and read the codes to see whats wrong. The blinking light is the code but will be stored in the computer. Hope the dealer is less than 10 miles away.

3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

We have 2 2004 F350s with the 5.4 plowed 16 inches of snow,4ft snow drifts.Trucks ran about 22hrs no probs.

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

with the diesel he may have gotten a bad batch of diesel, possibly with some water. does he put any additives in?