1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford plowing

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by hockeyman, Jul 4, 2007.

1. hockeyman

hockeyman Junior Member

on a newer ford f250 super duty about 02-08 (thats what i am looking to buy) do you need the snow plow prep package offered by ford or not i am lookiong to put on a boss straight plow on it

cheers mike

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think most come with the snow prep anyways. Mine had it and I bought it right off the lot. I have the Boss V Plow and it great.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It is not needed, but very helpful. If you are building a new one, get it. For the extra money it is well worth it. If you are buying used, you can always add it.

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I dont have it on mine but handles The Boss fine.:)

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

capicity

if you are going to use it on varying terrain's you need a minimum 5200 lb front gross Axel weight rating or you will loose ground clearance when you raise the plow .flat area's not a big problem.you might have to use timbren load boosters .or ad a leaf on leaf spring front trucks.

6. hockeyman

hockeyman Junior Member

ok thanks for the help

7. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

As an upfitter, we recommend that everyone wanting to put a plow on their truck that they have a snow plow prep package on it. No, it is not totally necessary, but for $84 from the factory, you can have it. It only consists of heavier front leaf springs but will save lots of wear and tear on your truck.