1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford plow prep package??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BAYDOG, Mar 1, 2008.

1. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Junior Member

What exactly is this package?? Whats in it??? I know heavier springs up front. I have a F 250 Super Duty witha 7.5 western plow. The truck has the plow prep package.Thanks

2. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

What year?

For 2006, from what I've read in the sales book, read in some posts online, and got from one dealer, it is just the front springs boosted from 4400 or 4800 lbs to 5200lbs in the gas engine truck. Diesel, I think got the 6000lb springs as plow prep - not sure, so I could be wrong.

3. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Junior Member

1999, and it came with 4.10 L/S, and the plow package.

4. toyman

toyman Senior Member

X code springs up front, bigger alternator, different cooling fan.

Toyman

5. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Anyone know what the price of the X leaf springs for up front and where can I get some other then the dealer

6. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Place over here has them for about $150 each. Midwest spring (I think). Check with a truck suspension place over there by you.

BTW wiekster, the plow works great. Already paid for itselfpayup

Toyman

7. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Glad to hear that TOYMAN my new plow is just about payed for also I am glad it worked out for you

8. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

The prep package usually includes a different clutch for the fan. I belive it kicks in easier. Ford has a TSB out on the trucks overheating with out this clutch.

So check to make sure you have the snow plow type clutch.

9. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

The snow plow prep package is springs, clutch fan, and a bigger alternator for diesel.

The snow plow prep package is just the springs for the gasser.

10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Its heavier front springs. If you have A/C in the truck already then you have a heavy duty altenator. I dont know anything about a fan clutch, but if its true then bonus!