1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford parts

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by FredG, Aug 19, 2016.

1. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Was going to use my 06 F350 with F550 suspension to tow a piece of equipment. Happen to see a leak under the truck. Thought it was the AC, Got under the truck it was the tranny cooler lines. Towed truck to shop.

Started calling around for parts. No where to be found in NY. I'm getting sick and tired of not being able to get parts for a American made truck. If the parts guy is not blowing smoke the part is to be here today. :confused: :hammerhead:

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Most of our local parts stores have them in stock since it is quite common. Even dealer will normally have them. Those don't have them will get them by the next day.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Fred, it's a ten year old truck.
    Do you honestly think they keep a lot of parts in stock for vehicles that old?
    If it wasn't a specialty line I usually ended up.making them.

4. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Tranny lines, Brake lines are common rust issues. I did honestly think the part should be available. News to me a 10yr old truck is to old for parts to be available.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I'm doing brakes on a 07 F550 now. I've replaced the trans cooler lines twice. Ford also has regional warehouses. Should be able to get anything in one day. Remember some of those lines don't come with the related fittings.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Your right they are.....my dealer never carried them like I said. and per gm, they started to stop making parts after 10years.
    Not to be a whoha, but it's tranny lines, make your own.

7. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

They claim it's a dealer only part. They got weird nuts that go into a filter or something. Promised me them today. Getting super hot now and my day is almost over.

8. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I suggested that to my Mechanic to make them. He said normally you could but not on that one. Some are more talented than others. You know. It got so hot here today I caught him sleeping by a fan. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Randall Ave

Is it a diesel?

10. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

No it's a 5.4, Got a drawing to different parts found the right one. Never come in. I'm going to try to handle it myself sat.

11. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Are they the quick connect lines?

12. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

No, They got a big nut on them. Screw on,

13. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I have a drawing, got to figure out again how to attach again. The part # I need is 6c3z7ro81g. These morons around here are lost. I know a guy that can make them but you could not get him out of the tavern if it was on fire. Yes I tried.

14. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Thats both lines.

15. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Good thing you told me about the fittings, He would not have sent them. Thumbs Up

16. Randall Ave

It's what I do. Did a radiator and oil cooler lines today on a Chevy van. What size were the lines? The 6.0 use like a 1/2 line. The trans are nuts. But the fronts are snap locks. U need the release tool. But if you're replacing them, you just cut them off. Install new fittings with the lines. It's only money.

17. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Lines are 1/2, Why would my man want the new nuts? I was told yesterday the nuts usually are put back on?

18. Randall Ave

I was referring to the snap lock fittings. If the lines are rusted, they can b a ***** to get out. The ones in the in line filter. Paint the new lines before you put them on, it will extend their life a little.

19. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Try and find the snap lock fittings on the inline filter and radiator before you take it apart, I've never had any luck reusing the ones on the radiator, they're usually rotted out. Ended up replacing a radiator once because Ford did not sell the fittings separately, couldn't source aftermarket ones either. Four on filter, two on radiator, all should be same part #. Stupid engineers again.

20. Randall Ave

My dealer got me some, I had to buy a valve body for a different application. Then Rob the fitting s out of it. Yes, stupid. Buts it a Ford.