1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford part number for 3900 lb ft springs for 04-F150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by A31unit, Sep 27, 2011.

1. A31unit

A31unit Junior Member

Can anybody tell me the Ford part number(s) for 3900 lb front springs that will fit my 2004 Ford F-150. I currently have the 3750 front springs that the plow dealer tells me are too light duty for the plow.
    Ford dealer told me they can't look up the springs by weight.... only by Code letter??
    Is it TOP SECRET?
    Thanks for your help

2. Crockett

Crockett Junior Member

Same question here. Dealer won't let me put the plow on this truck without at least the 3900 lb springs.
    I know I saw a thread that had the numbers listed but I cannot seem to find them again. If anyone has this I would really appreciate the info so I can get the plow on before the snow flies.
    Thanks.
    BTW: weatherman said chance of flurries on Saturday night in higher elevations.

3. A31unit

A31unit Junior Member

From all of the research I have done over the past few days I have found the following info: Tell the ford dealer you want front "zz" code springs. These are the heavy duty springs that were available for the 2004-2008 model year f150 truck. I also believe the correct part number is: 8L3Z-5310-Z. They are about $80 each. This info comes from these forums, ford-trucks.com, and my local ford parts guy ( I used to work in the ford parts dept 20 years ago with him). Also, the HD Springs you get are most likely going to be 4,200 lb not 3900 lbs. I am going to go this route soon. I will then be installing some new goodyear wrangler silent armor tires (pro grade). And finally a FIsher SD 7.5 plow. Was gonna do the fisher HT plow but too many mixed reviews on it. Plow dealer told me that the chain lift plows are more reliable anyway. The plow I am putting on is in the neighborhood of 480 lbs.

4. mreamer

mreamer Member

Another option - Last year I was looking for a company that makes aftermarket coil springs and I came across this place. Although the newer F150s aren't listed on their site, the guy I spoke to said they just engineered a heavy duty spring for the newer F150s (~2004+).

Might be worth a few minute call to them to see if they still have something.

http://www.stengelbros.com/SuperDutyCoilSprings.htm

If you do call, please post an update here.

Thanks