1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ford Orders Stop Shipment of 2005 Trucks

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by intlco, Dec 7, 2004.

1. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Ford Orders Stop Shipment Of 2005 Trucks, Mustang Due To Defective Engines -
    Ford GT "40" Alleged To Have Defective Cylinder Heads
    07 September 2004
    Dearborn, Michigan.
    Robert Lane

updated 27 September 2004, 3:35pm, est.
    Internal Ford Motor Company documents supplied to BlueOvalNews substantiate the article below. We will post scanned copies of these documents on this site in the near future. Until then, let the uninformed take delivery of early model year production vehicles.

updated 08 September 2004, 10:00pm, est.
    We are now stating for a FACTUAL matter that Ford has ordered assembly plants to stop shipping 2005 model year vehicles due to defective 4.6L and 5.4L engines. Should Ford wish to challenge this information, they know our address.

At this time, we are only ALLEGING that the GT "40" heads are defective.

The article below is presented how it was originally published.

Sources at one of Ford's engine plants told BlueOvalNews that Ford Motor Company has instructed assembly plants to stop shipping certain 2005 model year vehicles because they can contain defective 4.6L or 5.4L engines. BlueOvalNews was first altered to the problem after we received a news tip at the end of August.
    The products that can contain the defective engines include the 2005 Ford Mustang GT, 2005 F-Series, 2005 F-Series Super Duty, Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator. Ford has instructed the assembly plants to stop shipping vehicles until they are screened to see if they contain the defective engines. It is not known if any products were shipped to consumers before the problem was noticed.

The 2005 model year 4.6L and 5.4L engines in question were built with defective cylinder heads. According to sources, the defective cylinder heads will have an adverse effect on performance and will cause the engine to fail to meet Ford's specifications. <added 27 sept 04: according to internal Ford documents, the engines may contain lower than specified compression>.

It's not immediately clear if Ford will replace the entire engine at the assembly plant or just replace the defective cylinder heads and approve the vehicle for shipment to customers.

A Team Mustang source told BlueOvalNews that a stop shipment order means that Ford won't ship GT Mustangs to dealers, but it doesn't mean that Ford will stop building Mustangs - they can still build V6 powered models until problems with the 4.6L engines are corrected. Further, even though Ford officially launched JOB1 of the Mustang today, shipments don't occur immediately. "Somewhere within two weeks after Job #1 we have an OK to ship meeting where all the upper management on the program proclaim the vehicle is OK to ship. . . .launching a new vehicle in a new plant can have its issues. That's just part of what a launch is all about.", said our source.

In what could prove to be the most devesting news; however, is that the Ford GT "40" is alleged to have cylinder heads that contain defects in the combustion chamber pocket area. According to sources, Ford is allegedly making design changes to the cylinder head and will create a new casting which is targeted for release by 01 January 2005. Rather than issue a recall for the Ford GT, Ford would most likely issue a TSB (technical service bulletin) and repair the vehicles only as needed. Look for an update on the GT heads at a later date.
  2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

2004 was a record year for GM recalling over 1.5 MILLION vehicles.
  3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

this kind of thing happens all the time, when they finally came out with that thunderbird they ordered them all back and production to stop to fix something with that as well

just getting the bugs worked out
  4. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

intlco get a life. i quess chevy never has anything wrong with them. bet if i was to sit here all the time trying to find chevy flubs i would find just as many. so again get a life :cry:
  5. jeffwoehrle

jeffwoehrle Member

intlco HAS a life, doing cut and paste for us all to enjoy.

Hey Bud, keep buying those Chevys...keeps my Fords from getting too expensive :salute:
  6. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

ROFLMAO :drinkup:
  7. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

what a goof i guess he forgets the bomb for a gas tank the chevy pick ups had for 20 years outside the frame oh and then chevy gives everyone $1000 credit to buy a new chevy .what about the people who lost live`s did $1000 dollars cover that . please all mechanical things have problems , i bet you where picked on as a kid , :dizzy:
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  8. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Is this ever going to stop? What about all the problems Chevy has had? I had a 2001 2500 HD and it was pure junk. I had to take into the shop every week for something so I got rid of it. :rolleyes:
  10. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

not as long as trolls like intlco are around to stir the pot with there small minds
  11. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Man oh Man, I dont care what you say about the new SD's. ALL TRUCKS HAVE THEIR PROBLEMS.

GM had the prob's with the Duramaxes when they came out. Dodge had trouble with trannys.

This type of stuff is to be expected, but obvisouly not wanted!

I like all trucks so I dont really favor one more than another, however im drooling over the new 05's. It seems like the guys who hate fords are just using this to make them selves feel better about their truck. But watch, these people who diss these fords, will most likely be the first to buy the new body style Chevy or Dodge when they come out, when that comes, I wonder who will have the last laugh.
  12. caz1

caz1 Member

Intlco come on man this is plowsite not a bash ford site every thing that is made has problems i like ford and chevy i drive a ford right now because i felt it was a beter buy at the time :nono:
  13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

why do I get the feeling I'm on a playground somewhere and all the kids are picking on each other. "My dad is bigger then your dad!" Geez.

Chevy, Ford, Dodge, whatever. They've all had their share of problems over the years and they've also turned out some nice rigs over the years.

14. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

What is plowsite coming to? :rolleyes:
  15. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

You are right ALL truck makers have had problems at one time or anther. I work for GM at the Truck Assy plant in Pontaic MI. Yes we have stopped shipping trucks for alot of different reasons just like all the other guys. NOT A BIG DEAL IT HAPPENS TO EVERYBODY THAT BUILDS CARS AND TRUCKS. Just let it go. I don't care if you don't buy GM but please buy something made in the USA.

Regards Mike
  16. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think he's bashing Fords. I figure he just found an article that he thought we might all have interest in. While I'm not happy with the article, I still found it interesting.
  17. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

i think your wrong he has started a couple threads in last couple days just like this. plus every time someone mentions ford he cant help but tell everyone there pieces of sht
  18. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I am by no means A basher, IM THE BASHEE, lol, butmaybe this guy wayyy over paid for his chevy or gmc or what ever he has. So in order to make himself feel better about his purchase, he disses the guys who have problem trucks. Such as this with fords, and im supprised hes not dissing the guys who have tranny problems with their dodges (although their mostly fixed).
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  19. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Yea, I probably didn't see those posts.
  20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If you'll recall the whole story, NBC (a completely unbiased news organization) installed rockets in that 'bomb'. This was proven to be a total setup. I saw a pickup in this time frame that was broad sided at the fuel tank, hit a utility pole, cracked the frame of the truck, and lost maybe a 1/2 gallon of gas. If you look at how many millions of these trucks were on the road and this was truly a problem, there would have been an uproar like the old Pinto's that were truly a fire hazard.