1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford or gmc?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by stillen, Jul 31, 2006.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

My 95 GMC 2500 is showing its age. Its got over 160k on the odometer and has a few rust spots. It runs tip top, but you can tell shes 11 years old. I work for a car dealer part time, and I came upon a geat deal. They are offering me a 2004 F-250 Superduty Lariat with a 8 foot minute mount, extended cab, 6.5 foot bed, 4x4, tow package, automatic, etc etc, The truck has 92k on it, but they will sell it to me for 11k...... Do I take the plunge, alls i see is my friends Fords in the shop. My GMC has only had a radiator and a alternator replaced..........

2. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

In my opinion you can never go wrong with a super duty. and 11,000 is a great price for an '04...

3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I will have to second that opnion the super dutys are awesome trucks....We have been plowing with fords for years...They are great trucks...I will never own anything but a Ford....
  4. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

Which trucks are under the 1.3 million recall??
  5. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

if you mean the speed control deactivation switch recall... then '94 - 2002 F250's (& some heavier duty Fords, too) are recalled to have the fused wiring harness put in.

If you mean the recent GM recall, then its 1999 - 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado pickups, Chevrolet Suburban, and Tahoe. They have a problem with the ABS system locking up. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/02/gm_regional_recall.html

If you mean the Chrysler recall.. we don't have to worry. It only applies to the Liberty and a ball joint issue. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060802/us_nm/autos_chrysler_recall_dc_1