1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ford or dodge or gm?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 2004 f250 psd, Oct 6, 2005.

1. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

My frend is buying a new truck and he wants a dodge but he dos't know what to get ?
    it must be a diesel and he is going to plow with it to

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry, I got to be a smart *ss, sounds like he answered his own question :p

I like my Ram2500Hemi, but the diesel's weight prohibits the amount you can hang on the front end. So I would say (not knowing what your friend plans on doing with the truck) look into a cab-over Izuzu, or a GM Kodiac.

3. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

Ford !!!

Go with FORD !!!

4. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

It all boils down to personal preferance. Me, I am a true blue Ford boy. But if I were to find a Dodge with a Cummins/6spd at the right price, I would buy it, because of the motor. My personal belief is that the Cummins is the best diesel on the market right now, and that Ford got shot in the foot, and is now just limping by, when they where forced to get rid of the 7.3L and switch to the 6.0L.

The best thing that your buddy could do is to go out and test drive each of the trucks that he is looking at, and then take it from there.

5. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

Grn Mtn I have a diesel in my truck also have heaviest plow you can mount on a pickup so that isn't true. I love my ford. But i also am a big fan of the cummins.

6. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

thx he just got a 2003 f350 6.0 diesel

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Ford, there is no substitute

8. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Go with a FORD.

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

1 word, 4 letters. FORD:redbounce

10. Dchris

Dchris Junior Member

The Ford SuperDutys are great work trucks.. I had them all..250 - 550.. I never had any trouble with them, except for a 03 F550 i got with the new 6.0. The truck was great but i had lots of trouble with the fords new diesel. My 06 just came in, it has the diesel... I hope it does better.

The 6.0 is a stronge engine ! I had problem with the compture/emissoins stuff...